Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tkg

Super Contributor

Tkg

Guys, I like the look of tkg. It has been squeezed into the apex of a symmetrical triangle and in the next day or two it is going to break out one way or the other. My bet is up but if you disagree I welcome your opinion.I don't hold it yet but might get in tomorrow.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Re:Tkg

seems to be behaving like the large majority of SA stocks - in a tight holding pattern. With these low liquidity environments, the selloff is likely to be a big move. But the breakout in any direction is statistically likely to be fake. So my strategy is buy on a big 4 or 5% downward move - providing there are no trading updates or anything, that is. I am applying the same logic to other stocks too - patiently waiting my entry
Super Contributor

Thanks for that.
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Tkg

What other stocks are you keeping an eye on?
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Re:Tkg

I sadly don't have much to offer from my side. I do have a set of alerts set up in case there's a big drop in various stocks, some of which I hold and some I don't. One rule of thumb is "try to get blue-chips when the market is temporarily out of love with them". Picked up Anglo with that earlier this year. Smaller companies it's worked with: Grindrod, M&R, Pinnacle, Lonmin. Great capital return so far this year, but holding them for dividends.

Obviously the trick is to correctly identify "temporarily", but since I'm after future divs I don't really care about the price once I've bought them (except for ego), as long as the divs remain likely.
Super Contributor

Russ, definitely an upside break.
Super Contributor

Yes, so far so good. I bought earlier at 6484 and then a few more at 6495. Now we wait and see.
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Re:Re:Tkg

AGL a blue chip ?!
Simon
N/A

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tkg

add Pinnacle, Lonmin and M&R to the blue chip question -:)
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Tkg

Russ,so far so good :-)