Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What are my options if I want to open a trading account?

Standard Bank offers trading accounts locally and internationally.

The local trading accounts (where you can trade on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange[JSE]) include Standard Online Share Trading (OST) and Auto Share Invest (ASI). OST offers comprehensive trading tools for all the JSE listed share instruments and their derivatives. ASI (housed within the Standard Bank Internet Banking site) on the other hand has a monthly debit order facility which encourages participation on the JSE on a passive level. Both the OST and ASI platforms offer the Tax Free Investment Accounts (TFIA) which allows you to invest up to R30 000 per tax year in TFIA approved ETF’s. This provides an incredible vehicle to grow your capital using the equity market, and save for your financial future.

On the international front, Standard Bank Webtrader is the best option to gain access to international markets and trade some of the best shares in the world. The award winning platform allows you to not only trade in some of the best shares in the world, but also take a speculative view on a currency pair like the USDZAR and EURUSD, or a stock market index like the Japanese Nikkei and London FTSE.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-01-2017 10:42 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Ferman
Occasional Visitor

Please advise

I'm trying to open a trade account but thus far received no correspondence via email [email protected]. The call centre is closed and i dont know how to proceed to open my account.