Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Get extended banking hours with Standard Bank
Read more blogs in

Get extended banking hours with Standard Bank

Life can be quite a rush at times and more often than not, sorting out your banking is at the bottom of your to do list. To help you bank at your convenience, Standard Bank is offering extended banking hours at select branches across the country. The extended banking hours will vary for each branch, meaning that these branches will be open longer on weekdays, while some others will now be open on Saturdays and Sundays as well. 

Select sales and enquiry services will be available during these extended hours. To find your nearest extended hours branch, check out the list we’ve compiled for you below and to get the specific banking hours relevant to your branch, you can check out our online branch locator on http://locator.standardbank.co.za/ or simply call our helpdesk on 0860 123 000 (open 8am to 9pm weekdays and 8am to 4pm weekends & public holidays) for more information.

Don’t forget that we also offer self-service banking channels that are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for banking #EverywhereYouAre. This includes our Mobile Banking App, Cellphone Banking, Online Banking and our many ATMs.

Happy banking!

Western Cape

• Promenade
  • Garden Route Mall
  • Capegate
  • Century City
  • N1 City
  • Tyger Valley
  • Kromboom
  • Vangate
  • Pinelands
  • Zewenwacht 

Eastern Cape

• Bay West

Free State

• Dihlabeng Branch
  • Langenhoven Park
  • Preller Square
  • Loch Logan
  • Southern Centre 

Gauteng

• Maponya Mall
  • Southgate Mall
  • Mall of The South
  • Sandton City Mall
  • Mall at Carnival
  • East Rand Mall
  • Greenstone Branch     
  • Tembisa Plaza
  • Festival Mall-Kempton Park
  • Eastgate Branch
  • Cradlestone Shopping Centre
  • Cresta Shopping Centre
  • Clearwater Shopping Centre
  • The Mall at Reds
  • Brooklyn
  • Centurion Mall
  • Woodlands
  • Hatfield
  • Lynnwood Ridge
  • Menlyn Park
  • Mall of Africa
  • Wonderpark Mall
  • Kollonade Shopping Centre

Kwazulu Natal

• Amanzimtoti
  • Gateway
  • Pavillion
  • Midlands 

Limpopo

• Mall of the North

Mpumalanga

• Ilanga Mall
  • Riverside Mall
  • Highveld Mall

North West

• Central City
  • Waterfall Mall
Read more blogs in
5 Comments
Christine Cameron-Dow
N/A

I live in the Western Cape, and it appears this extended trading hours facility was tacked on as an afterthought in my province. Centurion, which must feature as a minor city in comparison to Cape Town, has at least 3 branches offering extended hours within about 15km of each other, ie Mall @ Reds, Centurion Mall and Centurion Lifestyle Centre, not to mentio Brooklyn Mall and Menlyn Centre, while Cape Town has only two, ie Tyger Valley in Bellville - which, according to the store directory, closes at 11, and Cape Gate, a little further out from Tyger Valley in the Northern Suburb of Kraaifontein. Southern Suburbs, Cape Town CBD, Stellenbosch, Somerset Mall, Strand - these areas don't even feature. Not only that, but Tyger Valley is the only branch which offers anything in the way of trading hours, and even this info is apparently incorrect. All of those I have checked just give me a nice little message to "phone the bank". Why? Why can't I google it? And why don't you offer extended hours at more branches in Cape Town? Don't the staff want to work longer hours, or don't you want to pay them?

Nicky Walker
N/A

I agree with the previous comment.  Why so few branches in Cape Town?  What about Canal Walk, Claremont etc etc. If I want to bank with you, and need to do so on a Sunday, I have to drive all the way to the northern suburbs. I think it's time to change banks!

Community Manager

Hi Christine & Nicky

Thank you for raising this feedback. Standard Bank has increased the number of Extended Hours Branches and this will be revised on an ongoing basis, depending of client needs and other factors - we have now updated the above list to reflect the new branches.  The hours vary for each branch - so you can refer to our branch locator on http://locator.standardbank.co.za/ for specific hours. 

JadeNicole
N/A

Good day,

I just wanted to find out the trading hours for the Standard Bank branch in Mall of the South?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jade 

Community Coordinator

Hello @JadeNicole,

Please be advised that the branch at Mall of the South (Swartkoppies Road And Kliprivier Drive, Shop G146, Mall Of The South, Rispark Ah, Johannesburg, City Of Johannesburg) Operates from 8h30 AM - 5h00 PM from Monday to Friday. As well as 8h30 AM to 13h00 PM on Saturdays.

Regards,

Mandy