Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Stanbic IBTC is in capable hands, says Atedo Peterside
BronyW

Outgoing Chairman of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Atedo Peterside, has expressed confidence in the ability of the board, management and staff to maintain the organization on a steady path of growth as he takes a final bow from the institution that has become synonymous with his name.

He spoke at a send-off dinner in his honour in Lagos, on Thursday, April 20, 2017, attended by a high profile audience that included the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Okechukwu Enelamah; Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II; President, Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote; Chief Executive, Standard Bank Group, Sim Tshabalala; Deputy Chairman, Standard Bank Group, Jacko Maree; and Chief Executive, Africa Regions, Standard Bank Group, Sola David-Borha, with the Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Yinka Sanni playing Host.

Peterside stated, “I am resigning from the Board of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC to focus on my role as member of the board of the parent group. I am very confident that those behind are more than capable to steer the ship in the right direction. I am comfortable in the part that I have played and I believe that the organization will continue to make progress.”

In a letter to the Board of Directors announcing his resignation effective March 31, 2017, Peterside noted that the organization had put in place a succession plan which ensures that the business is well-placed to continue the pursuit of its goals and growth strategies without hitches. “We have a strong tradition of careful succession planning at both Stanbic IBTC and the Standard Bank Group,” he stated “Yinka Sanni who has been the Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Bank, recently took over as Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC holdings as a good show of our succession planning”.