Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Standard Bank’s Shyft takes gold at the MTN App of the year awards
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

We are proud to announce that Shyft has come out victorious at the 6th annual MTN App of the Year Awards on Thursday 12 October.

Having been nominated for, and winning Best Financial App, the Shyft team went on to win the night’s biggest award: “MTN App of the Year”. “We are extremely honored to have received these awards and it’s a true validation of all the hard work and effort that went into building this app.” Fikile Kgobe Head Forex Sales, Standard Bank.

Shyft was lauded for its multifunctionality; solving various foreign exchange needs within one unique user experience. With Shyft, customers are able to purchase and store forex (USD, GBP, EUR, AUD), transfer funds overseas, order a multi-currency physical travel card and create virtual cards that can be used for international online shopping, all from a mobile device. The app offers customers convenience, transparency and control of all their foreign exchange needs.

The MTN App of the Year awards has entrenched itself as the premier app development competition in South Africa and we are thrilled to have been recognized out of the 600 App entries at the event as a digital disruptor and change driver within the financial services sector.

“I think we all feel incredibly honored to be here. There’s a massive team that made this whole dream possible, a lot of them aren’t here tonight. This award is not just for us, this is for a big group of awesome people that saw the vision, came together and made this app a reality.”

“I want to thank MTN for giving us this platform to show-case something that we feel passionately about. Shyft demonstrates what’s achievable when you put the customer at the center of what you’re trying to solve for. I also want to thank all the other contenders as the caliber of the competition was outstanding.”- Arno von Helden Head Forex Solutions, Standard Bank.