Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Applying for a SB Credit Card

3 REPLIES 3
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Thandz2,

The best way is to visit the link attached and apply again. This might have been technical issue then.

Link here: https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/bank-with-us/credit-cards/...

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Thandz2
Occasional Visitor

i have tried to apply online however it keeps saying there is a technical error. I have requested SB to call me back but still nothing, and i have been approved.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Andrea727,

Please be advised that you have the option to apply for one of our Credit Cards on our Standard bank portal making use of the following link: https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/bank-with-us/credit-cards/.... Simply browse our different packages and once you've identified one that you qualify for, proceed to click on "tell me more" for further information or "apply now" in order to send through your application.

Kindly also note that you will also need your;

• ID copy (or passport if not an SA citizen)*
  • Recent payslip
  • Proof of residence not older than 3 months

Approval is subject to credit checks and Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) requirements.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Andrea727
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

Just wanting to know what the requirements are when applying for a Credit Card and if its better to go into a branch with the correct paperwork? 

I have a currently cheque account with SB but am wanting to apply for a CC. 

Thanks!