Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card Charges

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi bradleycooper, I cannot confirm with you what the charge is for. However, when vusumuzik sends an email to the email address provided, a consultant will be able to assist him. 

bradleycooper
New Contributor
Yes what's the cash finance charge as there is a finance charge already
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi bradleycooper, I am not sure I understand your query, are you referring to the Credit card query posted by vusumuzik?

bradleycooper
New Contributor
Are you kidding, can't you read what I posted?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi bradleycooper, do you have issues with your charges?

bradleycooper
New Contributor
Explains the charges in this chat. What is the cash finance charge for as there is a finance charge as well?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi bradleycooper, what do you need assistance with?

bradleycooper
New Contributor
So typical, why can no one answer this question and then refer you to the branch. Who wants to go stand in the endless lines???
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

Should you have concerns or question the legitimacy of any debit order, you are encouraged to approach your branch to have them reversed. There is no charge for the reversal.

skosanab
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I sent the email requested last week but have not received any reply.
jdean7ster

I'm experiencing the same, seems the charges nearly swallow the montly payments I make!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi skosanab, please resend your email to [email protected], we did not receive your email. Please don't forget to include: 'ask'.

skosanab
Occasional Contributor
Hi standard bank,

Can you also contact me on [email protected] as I have also not have not had any response.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Jessica, 

Please forward me your email address so I can query about your email?

JessicaPepper
New Contributor

I am really concerned about these random cash finance charges that are appearing on my statements.

This month alone the cash finance charge was R233.73 and a finance charge of R74.80

Last month the cash finance charge was R167.48 and no finance charge!

Previous month the cash finance charge was R124.89  and no finance charge.

Please explain this to me!! Because I was charged the normal rates for my transfers that I made, but to charge these extra cash finance charges is just day light robbery!!

I owe more money now after my payment due to these charges!!!

JessicaPepper
New Contributor

I have emailed this contact on Monday as well as yesterday yet still no response!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Skosanab, 

Please don't forget to include the word 'ask' in the email address:  [email protected]

skosanab
Occasional Contributor
This email address does not work, it bounces back
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning, what did the consultant advise you?

Goose
New Contributor

I got charged R 822 for cash finance charges on my credit card. How is this possible? I spoke to your consultants and they cant realy explain this to me. And how can it be so high?