Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card as Beneficiary

6 REPLIES 6
linuxscooter

Hi,

I had the same issue. You need to search for "Standard Bank Card" and select that and use the credit card number you want to load under the beneficiary reference.

Best Regards

C

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @RH2,

Please follow the link for steps on how to link your credit card on your app: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Link-cards-and-accounts/How-do-I-link-my-cards-to-the-app/ta...

Let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

RH2
Visitor
I have been having the same problem. I contacted my prestige banker and she replied with the following message: It is possible, however you would need to come in and see me so that we can link the card.

"Alternatively, if you have the SBSA App, then you can link the Credit card as a beneficiary"

I then asked for instructions but have not received a response.

I used the 16 digit credit card account number displayed on my credit card dashboard to add a beneficiary but I keep getting an error message saying the account number is incorrect.

I'm pretty sure the cheque and credit cards are linked because there is an existing debit order on my cheque account for the minimum payment per month.

But what do I do if I want to pay the complete balance to take advantage of the 55 day interest free thing? I just want to be able to make a once off payment from time to time as needed.

Please help.

Regards
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @RTye_1234,

Currently the option to add your credit card as a beneficiary is not enabled, you only have the option to link your credit card to the current account card that is linked to the mobile banking app in order to be able to transact between them. The linking of accounts can be done at your nearest branch, where you can also make arrangements for a payment to be deducted via debit order from your current account and committed towards your credit card installment.

Regards,

Mandy

RTye_1234

Hi Mandy, 

I am also experiencing the same issue. In the past, I was able to add my credit card as a beneficiary - because I DO NOT want my cards to be linked on Internet Banking or Cellphone Banking. In the past, using the old interface, I was able to add my credit card using the card number. However, now that I have a new card and therefore new number, I am struggling to add my new credit card details as a beneficiary on my cheque account. I do not want the cards to be linked, but still need to make payments from my cheque account to my credit account regularly. How can I add my Credit Card details as a beneficiary, not as linked account, as was possible in the past?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Khethani,

Please note that you have the option to link your accounts in order to be able to transact between them. The linking of accounts can be done at your nearest branch, where you can also make arrangements for a payment to be deducted via debit order from your current account and committed towards your credit card installment.

Regards,

Mandy

Khethani
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I tried adding my credit card as a beneficiary using Internet Banking but got an error message that the account number is incorrect. I would like to set up monthly debit order on my current account to my credit card so I pay a certain fee every month to my credit card.