Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit card fuel purchases

2 REPLIES 2
DW6
Occasional Contributor
TravZA
New Contributor

@FanaM1 I called the call center and was told that all POS transacation, including fuel purchases are classified as retail purchases and will qualify for 55 days without out interest charges, but when I mentioned what the terms and conditions say regarding fuel purchases I was told that in that case fuel purchases a classified as a cash advance. 

Why is it so hard to get a clear answer on this from Standard Bank?

TravZA
New Contributor

Hi, please advise if fuel parchases made with a credit card count as a cash advance? In the terms and conditions for the credit cards, under 7.3 fuel purchases are listed as a cash advance. Is this correct? If so, that would make standard bank the only bank that treats fuel purchases as a cash advance which is against the guidlines of PASA which states that “a fuel purchase must be treated as a retail purchase and not as a cash withdrawal".  This was brought to the banks attention in December 2011 and a change to this was mentioned to take place by the end of January 2012, has this happened without the terms and conditions being updated?