Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

PAYING CREDIT CARD

5 REPLIES 5
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @albertvj,

Please be advised that you are able to transfer funds into your credit card making use of the mobile banking app. However, you will need to contact customer care in order to be assisted with linking your credit card to your cheque. Once this is done, your credit card will appear as a tile on the primary dashbaord on the app. In order to transfer funds from you cheque account to your credit card, please follow these steps;

- log onto the mobile banking app,

- Tap on the tier that shows your account balance and details,

- Tap on "Transfer"

- Input the amount you wish to transfer,

- Enter your reference and tap on review.

Regards,

Mandy

albertvj
New Contributor
How do you link your Standard bank credit card to appear on this app? I need to transfer cash into my credit card account. Why doesn’t it show automatically? And why can’t we transfer money into it?
Sino-T
New Contributor
How do I add it under my beneficiary list when there is no account number? Because there is no option to use the card number.

The statement doesn't show the account number also.

scottwilkins1
Occasional Contributor
I have been struggling with this problem too for long now. I have tried everything I can think of to link my credit card and cheque account. They are both standard bank cards. I have even been into the bank to link the accounts. I was assured it was done but I still cannot see my credit card when I click transfer within the mobile app. I have also tried countless times to add the card as a beneficiary to no avail.
At this point I am just going to assume standard bank don't want me to pay it off at all. Nice. Thanks guys. Free money.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sino-T,

To best resolve this, you need to add your credit card as your beneficiary or link the card on your App. Once this has been accomplished you can transfer funds from your personal account to credit card.

Let us know if you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Sino-T
New Contributor

Hi 

please assist. I want to pay my credit card via the app or internet banking but i can only see the credit card number. How do i ge the credit card account number?