Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Renewing Standard Bank Cards when living abroad

5 REPLIES 5
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @jsdunbar07.

If the account is not used for more than 6 months, it becomes dormant. 

Once the account is closed, it cannot be reinstated. A new one needs to be opened.

If the account is owing, you need to settle the oustanding amount to continue using the account.

When last did you use the account?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

jsdunbar07

Hi there Fana

I have been living in the UK since 2013 and am moving back to SA. I would like to get my account reinstated before I get back. Can you please tell me what information you need in order for me to do this.

Thanks so much!

Jacqueline Dunbar

My previous address was: 67 St Leger Road, Claremont, 7700 and my account was held at Rondebosch Branch.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nic6.

Thank you for reaching out.

Debit cards cannot be ordered and delivered face to face.

They are only collected inside the branch, and you need to be physically present inside the branch with your ID book.

The reason for this is to ensure that the card is handed to the right person and avoid any fraudulent activities that might occur.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Nic6

My debit card has expired and I am currently living in Canada. 

How do I renew this from abroad and have the card delivered to my mother in Cape Town? 

Kind regards
Nic

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @CJG,

If you are abroad you can contact us here: +27 11 299 4520 to arrange for new card or mail us your full query with account details here: [email protected]. Please in your mail include copy of your ID or passport with back and front of your expired card.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

CJG
Frequent Visitor

I hope you can assist,

I currently live overseas, but have my salary paid into me Standard Bank account, from time to time I draw cash using my credit and cheque card, these have now expired. 

How do I go about getting them renewed and sent to me, or should I give permission for someone to do this on my behalf?