Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

ATM Fault

Highlighted
Frustratedacc
Occasional Visitor

ATM Fault

I had deposited cash into the ATM last week, and upon inserting, cash was retracted .

I have no idea why the s happens with ATMs from standard Bank, I have never encountered this issue using other leading banks.

Nevertheless I called him in to log the fault and the consultant assured me my money would be returned by the 15th. (Which can be confirmed knowing all calls are recorded)

It is now the 16th and I have still not received it. When I called In they have advised that my request is busy in process and I should receive a call back from technical advisor and my request is now escalated.

The service delivery and turnaround time is pathetic as is your ATMs
Furthermore my account was overdrawn and Standard Bank tells me to manage my account better.

Please rectify immediately!
Ref 7017104662
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Refilwe1
Occasional Visitor

Re: ATM Fault

I have a similar problem and now the bank consultants are telling me that I may never get my money.
I deposited money using an ATM and I received a cash jam error now getting the money credited to my account I am sent from pillar to post and standard bank said that they are not responsible for my account going on the negative.

This is unacceptable
0 Kudos
Maria444
New Contributor

Re: ATM Deposit Jam

This evening around 6pm, I deposited R1400 at the Nicolway shopping mall Standard Bank ATM. There was a beeping noise and my cash jammed. I received a slip saying there has been a cash jam and that I must visit my branch. I was in shock and furious! I called the number on the ATM machine, which took ages to be answered. When eventually I chatted to the lady, she put me on hold for a good 15mins! Only to come back to tell me it will be solved in 10 days! Otherwise I must go into the branch and they will refund me. BUT now after reading ALL the complaints I am so petrified that I will not get my money back! The machine took 5 seconds to take my deposit, do I need to wait days and days to get my deposit back? I'm so scared that I don't think I will sleep tonight! I will be visiting the branch at exactly 9am, and I'm expecting to receive my deposit straight away, same time as the ATM jammed my money. Well after this, there is no ways I'm ever going to use the ATM to deposit money!
0 Kudos
Maria444
New Contributor

Re: ATM Fault

This evening around 6pm, I deposited R1400 at the Nicolway shopping mall Standard Bank ATM. There was a beeping noise and my cash jammed. I received a slip saying there has been a cash jam and that I must visit my branch. I was in shock and furious! I called the number on the ATM machine, which took ages to be answered. When eventually I chatted to the lady, she put me on hold for a good 15mins! Only to come back to tell me it will be solved in 10 days! Otherwise I must go into the branch and they will refund me. BUT now after reading ALL the complaints I am so petrified that I will not get my money back! The machine took 5 seconds to take my deposit, do I need to wait days and days to get my deposit back? I'm so scared that I don't think I will sleep tonight! I will be visiting the branch at exactly 9am, and I'm expecting to receive my deposit straight away, same time as the ATM jammed my money. Well after this, there is no ways I'm ever going to use the ATM to deposit money!
0 Kudos