Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

ATM depositor out of order

2 REPLIES 2
Atmuser
New Contributor

Seriously? Why would I say 'out of order', if it didn't take my money (it opened), spit out half, and sounded like a tracktor trying to start. Obviously I would have known if it was "off" as you describe.

Either way, I don't understand what a national call centre will be able to do about the problem. You (Standard Bank) probably rely on the people loading the cash: They don't give a **bleep** about machines. They put in the cash and leave, from what I have seen.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Atmuser,

Please be advised that the deposit function on an ATM may be greyed out as a result of various reasons such as maintenance being run on the system or capacity of the machine to receive more deposits being reached. Kindly note that in most cases our technical team will be working on resolving the issue. Should you wish to report the matter, please get in touch with our service agents on 0860 123 000.

Regards,

Mandy

Atmuser
New Contributor

Standard have a host of contact details for ATM fraud and lost card contact details, but nothing to report faulty ATM's. Not all ATM's are outside branches, and it is not always possible to report it with a bank official. Is there an e-mail address to report faulty ATM's? in particular faulty depositor's? It seems to be a problem every end of the month.