Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Absa eft to SB account

8 REPLIES 8
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @velihdube.

We appreciate you contacting us.

We cannot confirm how long it takes for funds to appear in a Standard Bank account.

Please contact the bank from where the payment was originated for an accurate ETA.

Please let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thank you very much.

Team Standard Bank

velihdube

Hi, how long does an immediate payment take to clear from absa to standard bank

Aamir1

Dear Sir 

Hi, someone who has an account at absa bank to an eft to my standard bank account on sunday at 21:38 pm and the R1500 and when asked on whatsapp he sent me a message saying notice of payment from absa bank and he sent me that same message and when i asked did Absa send this message of notice of payment and he told yes absa did send him that message of notice of payment and it Wednesday and I still have not recieved and please can you tell me what is happening becasue doesn't eft takes 72 hours to reflect in your account.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @RETHAGROEN,

This is odd, EFT transfers from other banks to a Standard Bank account normally take 2 to 3 business days to reflect on the beneficiary statement. Could you kindly forward your account details, ID number and contact details to our service team on [email protected] so that they may be able to trace where the funds are currently hanging and also assist you further in accessing these.

Regards,

Mandy

RETHAGROEN
New Contributor
Hi. Someone did an eft from ABSA to my Standard Bank Access account. After 4 working days and 2 weekend days, still not showing. Correct bank details were used.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Kindly note that EFT payment takes up to three working days (24 to 72 working hours) to reflect on your account.

Regards,

Frik1991
Occasional Visitor

How long would it take if someone made an EFT payment to my STD Bank account from an ABSA account on a Sunday?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Jeezy629ev,

The transfer can take anything between 1-3 business days.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

jeezy629ev
New Contributor
I would like to know how long it takes after an eft transfer has been made online from an absa account to my standard Bank cheque account I got the payment notification on Sunday 6/3/2016 at 17:05 and it's Tuesday 8/3/2016 16:10 money still doesn't reflect in my account