Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Banking history

1 REPLY 1
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lee01,

I can understand your frustration on this. Please be advised that the bank is mandated by law to keep customer records and information for a period not exceeding 5 years, unfortunately, anything beyond that, the bank wont have possession of. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Lee01

I have asked Standard Bank to provide me with my banking history for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010. These were years on my first account with the bank. This account was changed on the recommendation of the bank. Now they say they cannot give me these documents if I don't know my old account number. My ID number hasn't changed so why is that not enough? I need this information for SARS, but no matter how many times I send messages or visit the bank, no one can help me. With this unwillingness to go the extra mile (Searching a database in this case... what a mission...) it's no wonder people are leaving this bank in droves...