Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Bidvest Lounge

3 REPLIES 3
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello johantheitguy,

You will need to have a Private Banking Credit Card/World Citizen Credit Card to access the Bidvest Lounge.

johantheitguy

Kinda frustrating that I am a private banking customer, and that it advertises that private banking customers may use the bidvest lounge, but they will not allow me access if I don't have a private banking credit card (why would I need one, the cheque card is accepted everywhere in the world).

Not happy.

Loungeguru
Occasional Visitor

As a frequest user of business class lounges internationally, I rate Standard Bank's main lounge at teh domestic departures at OR Tambo as excellent, even if it is small. However, the Bidvest lounges leave a lot to be desired. they are generally too full, the furniture is is dire need of refurbishment and the receptionists are often bordering on rude. Standard Bank should rethink their association with this service provider. If you can, rather use your other bank associations to enter, for example, the Slow Lounge (FNB). Otherwise, rather use the restaurants  located within the departure area. It will be money well spent rather than the Bidvest offering.

DavidCoetzee
Frequent Visitor

Which Standard Bank Private Banking cards are eligible for access to the Bidvest Premier Lounges? It simply says Standard Bank Private Banking on the Bidvest partners page but the lounge will not accept my cheque card, only my credit card.

Also on the Standard Bank Website says Private Banking Clients but does not state that it is credit card only?