Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cheque charges

2 REPLIES 2
NasirM
Occasional Visitor
I have "Fee-Unpaid Item" and "Statement Charges" from my account.

I used to pay rent of my apartment in DeVelde and my lease expired by end of September 2018 and I am no more staying there.

I completed all the requirements for ending the lease and informed  by the IHS Properties on 9th September 2018, that my the case was completed for ending the lease.

Now they deducted the rent for November 2018, and The Standard Bank Deducted these "Fee-Unpaid Item" charges from my account.

I am completely unable to understand why these deductions are made from my account? The IHS Properties is supposed to be imposed penalty on wrongly using debit order instead.

This is completely unfair and the bank is supposed to refund these unfair deductions.

Please take the case seriously and refund my amount back in my account.

Nasir Mehmood
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Stheza,

I can imagine your frustration on this. We can arrange for contact so that we can explain your account in detail and your monthly charges. You can mail this full query with your account details and contact number here: [email protected].

For more information on your current account follow the link here: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Elite-Banking

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Stheza
Occasional Visitor
Standard Bank charges me a monthly fee of R100 for my cheque account and charges me about R115 for overdraft ( fee- unpaid item) so they call it! And then they charge me again for "honouring fee" of R130, I never applied for overdraft and all those things were never mentioned to me when i swapped from debit to cheque account, i was paying R59 on my debit card monthly but now i pay like R400 a monthly ,I'm even considering moving to another bank. A bank is supposed to save our money not rob us...This is daylight robbery.