Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Closing an account

11 REPLIES 11
TN14

Good Day 

Please note that i have tryed so many times to close my account with no sucsses and and standard bank keeps billing me service fees i want this account closed  ASAP as i have spend the whole day at the bank and no one can help (Acc 404921892) this account is not in use please contact me urgently as i dont have the time to stand in long lines and take off from work (0812557136) or i will sent a mail to Hello Peter

Regards 

T.Nana

Susan6
New Contributor

Hi

I do not know how to delete the post can you please assist me.

regards

Susan

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello Susan,

Can I kindly ask that you forward your ID number, contact details and account number to [email protected] with the subject line "Business Account Closure" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Please can I also ask that you remove the ID number and account details that you've shared on this platform as it is public and may pose a risk.

Regards,

Mandy

Susan6
New Contributor

Morning 

I want to close my Business account as I no longer need it.

The no. is:

Regards

SE Smith

Seemaps7
I’ve tried closing my standard bank account for 6 months in 2017/2018, the usual story you have to go into Branch. So I thought let’s just leave it, either the retention’s department will call or it will go into force closure, we’ll tht didn’t happen. My account now sits a massive negative balance, explained to the first collections agent and she said she understands. This week I get called by an arrogant agent who even had the nerve to tell me ‘you had time to go to the branch to open the account so now you don’t have time to go into the branch to close it.. you must be very busy’ .. 10 points for his sarcasm. Anyways I still don’t have time to go to the branch, my cards are way past expired, I can’t access internet banking so Standard Bank prefers that we take time off because in our economy we all have that luxury right?
DeveloperMxo
Occasional Visitor
Secure messaging really should be brought back, made things easier...
apaparella

ive been trying to close my standard bank account for 2 months.

i send and email to standard bank, they told me this

Kindly include the following details:
* Letter stating your request with your full names and signature
* Account number
* Copy of your identity document
* Certified copy of passport

i told them i have moved and now in australia. anyway to cut a long story short i got my brother to take it to the branch.

now my brother gets to the branch they said not possible i must login to internet banking and send secure message

there is no option for secure message.

this is highly irratating. can i close the **bleep** account please ?

going on to month 3 now. why is it so diffcult. do you enjoy meesing customers around.

i have wasted at least 2 days calling and email.

and my brother took half day off work to come into branch only to be told a silly an irrelevant option which doesnt exist.

let me know urgentl

[email protected]

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Shard,

Please be advised that we are continually improving and modifying our systems in order to meet the changing needs of our clients and to ensure a seamless banking experience. Therefore, your feedback is acknowledged and appreciated, kindly let me know which other features you are missing on the new Internet Banking so that I may forward to our development team for further review.

Regards,

Mandy

Shard
Super Contributor

New Internet Banking site no longer has secure message option, along with a couple of other things the old one has.

Old one has been turned off.

Moving Backwards....

nova
New Contributor

Please follow the following steps to send a secure message:
- Sign on to Internet Banking with your Card number, Customer Selected PIN and Password
- Click on Profile in the top menu bar.
- Select Secure message
- In the message field type in your request. If your contact details differ from the ones the branch have on file, please include these in the message.
- Click on continue at the bottom of the page
- On the following page, click on the Confirm button

Your home branch will receive the message the following business day

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please visit your nearest branch for assistance.

annahlasane

Hi

How do I close my Standard bank account? Can I call in or should I visit a branch?

Regards

Anna