Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Closing my cheque account

5 REPLIES 5
Shark123
Occasional Visitor

I am also trying to close my account. Even been into their office but to no avail.

I am constantly being charged with fees & I don't even use the account. This is my last shot at it and from now I ignoring their fees as I have moved to another bank due to their high ridiculously high fees

Lukas86

Now that i need to close my cheque account, it is guaranteed that i will face the same frustrating unprofessionalsm? Standard bank you need to work on your service skills, people closes accounts for different reasons, no need to take it personal, be professional or else your competition will take all your clients. If you give me a hard time to close my acc with you i will take this to HELLOPETER as well,,,

Khayadl

This is one bull**bleep** bank, I am on the same situation!

mathskid
New Contributor
Hi Boitumelo,
I sent the email as you suggested and got the reply below since the 17th and up till now, no body has been in touch with me. Really starting to regret ever having a standard bank account.

Response I received on below:

Date: Nov 17, 2017 5:24 AM
Subject: RE: Follow up on closing my cheque account
To: "removed name and email"
Cc:

Good day name

Thank you for the email.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have escalated the matter to our branch team and they will contact you soon to assist.

Kind regards
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @mathskid,

I can imagine your frustration on this. Please mail us your full query with account details so that we can assist you further on this matter. 

You can mail us here: [email protected]. We do apologise for any delays caused in actioning this one for you.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

mathskid
New Contributor
Hi,
I need to have my account closed. I have done everything possible and yet my account is still open. I am currently living abroad and do not use my account. The last I was advised to do by one of your consultants was to send a letter with a copy of my ID requesting for a closure of my account to my branch. I did this two months ago and yet my account is still open. What do I do? This is so unprofessional.