Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card Charges

Community Coordinator

Re: Credit Card Charges

Hi bradleycooper, I am not sure I understand your query, are you referring to the Credit card query posted by vusumuzik?

New Contributor

Yes what's the cash finance charge as there is a finance charge already
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hi bradleycooper, I cannot confirm with you what the charge is for. However, when vusumuzik sends an email to the email address provided, a consultant will be able to assist him. 

Occasional Contributor

My name is Bhekumuzi. I have sent an email to the email address provided but no one responded in either a call nor email. I had to call the credit card division and a fellow tried explaining where this charge comes from but I am still not happy. I have no other option but take this matter to the next level.

Community Coordinator

Hi Bhekumuzi,

Which email address did you send the email to and what is your email address so that we can follow up?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same happened to me, the credit card department can't really tell me what these charges are for. They keep on saying it works on a sliding scale of my activities on the credit card. But they can't give me the exact charges per activity? Please, can someone with a bit more knowledge try and explain this? It can't be that difficult. Interest is interest, bank charges are set. But these charges seem as if they fall out of the sky?

New Contributor

*can't....
Occasional Contributor

ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za:

The Email I sent was:

Hi,

With regard to the explanation given about the cash finance fee on my credit card. How is it calculated as it appears it is consistent month after month. I have been charged even in month's that I did not transact in the manner which it is this fee is levied.

The above email was the second email sent which was on Monday the 16th of January.

Another question is where is this fee advertised as I can't find it anywhere

Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

The Email I sent was:

"Hi, 

With regard to the explanation given about the cash finance fee on my credit card. How is it calculated as it appears it is consistent month after month. I have been charged even in month's that I did not transact in the manner which it is this fee is levied.

The above email was the second email sent which was on Monday the 16th of January 2017" 

Another question is where is this fee advertised as I can't find it anywhere