Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

E Home Affairs and My Bills

8 REPLIES 8
Mthozami95
Occasional Visitor
How do I make a payment
Hishaam
Occasional Visitor
SLWHYLE
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. How does one authorise a payment to Home Affairs? Neither home affairs nor the bank appear to be able to help me. Getting quite desperate.

natsmarschal
Occasional Visitor

Goodday 

i am currently using the new site and i am aware E HOME AFFAIRS doesn work , how do i delete and go back to old site to APPLY ? 

Please help 

Regards 

Natalie

KaizerBill
New Contributor

Hi Esbe

All the advice of talking to Standardbank (which was given to me as well) did not really help unfortunately, for I tried that. All the employees in the bank, including that of Home Affairs are tied to the application's business processes which means they cannot help you for you are within the electronic process and no one can change that for they do not know of your application or payment etc until you get the tickboxes ticked and the appointment finalised. In my case I phoned Home Affairs from  StandardBank in Canal walk and I must admit it took a while before anyone answered the phone, but I got through and the person confirmed that they had problems on Home Affairs site. My comment was - Why not post an ALERT that the site is not operational and so many things they can put in place to ease frustration. I also made the payment, but waited a few days when Home affairs came back online to receive those ticks. The fact that one paid but got no feedback in my case, means NO  GREEN ticks and hence no appointment and NO SERVICE, but queued.

After I waited for Home Affairs to come back online, the process then went through quite smoothly and I got my ticks, made the appointment online and  I really enjoyed the comfort of being attended to in a very professional manner. However that is my take on this that STandardbank was not to blame in my instance, although they could also not help for they are unable to assist with a process on hold. That is the frustrating part of it. On the whole it is still better to wait on Home Affairs site to become operational again, than queueing on a smelly pavement for hours on end with no toilet facilities, with nobody informing you  on the status of service and the risk of your car's wipers being stolen or just broken into whilst in the queue to nowhere.

Esbe
Occasional Visitor
I have a similar problem. Trying to do payment for my passport on "my bills". Get logged off as soon as I click to approve payment. Please assist. This is frustrating.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @AdelMinnie69,

I can understand your frustration on this, could I advise that you please forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "E Home Affairs and My Bills" so that our online banking team can assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

KaizerBill
New Contributor

I accessed the Home Affairs website. Overcame the challenge in creating accounts for my children at STandardBank. I also loaded MyBills on each of their Banking Profiles and upon executing the instruction on the Home Affairs site the entry was made on thier StandardBank profiles. I then submitted the payments and printed the payments. At this stage the Payment options on the Home Affairs site just do not initoiate a Green Tick so I can make an appointment. Nobody at Standardbank can help me at thos stage and I really tried to follow every instruction to the letter. I read that payments for STandardbank takes ONE day and other banks three days and more. Should I now wait and will the Payment box be ticked green so I am NOT revrerted back to the Payment Option on the Home Affairs site?

Can someone at STandardBank please provide  me with sound advice. I must priunt the Barcoded page to take to the bank but cannot for the Payment is not ticked and I can only make an electronic appontment if the payment is ticked. I am waiting for two days now exceeding the Standardbank ONE day promise. Will the app tick itself and will communication between then STandardBank App and the Home Affairs app realise or shoudl I just go to a Home Affairs branch?  Please advise. Your help will be appreciated. Regards

AdelMinnie69
Occasional Visitor

I have registered on the e Home affairs page to renew my passport.I have been trying with no luck to pay the R400 on MY bills. It shows me that Home affairs is loaded, but it says that I have no outstanding bills. Please can somebody help. I have been to Centurion and I have spent hours on the phone with no luck at all. Why does it seem as if it is only Standardbank with the problem.Surely it should not be so difficult!I am using the new internet Banking app