Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EFT from standard bank to standard bank

11 REPLIES 11
AlbertusJ

I cannot beleive this service, I agree with the previous poster do you not trust your own technology?

The "standard" answer given earlier is not an explanation just a repeat of some incompetant policy.

I will close my account if Instant EFT is not instant between the same bank, I have an FNB account and when somebody does an intant transaction from SB to FNB it is instant, this is a rediculous situation.

I have a client waiting on a delivery on cleared funds now you have broken my business deal, that you very much Standard Bank!

Barnes

How long will it take for an eft transaction from another standard account to show on my standard online bank account

Watchdogs
New Contributor
Clearance of what? The transfer was STD Bank to STD Bank. Don't you trust your own technology? If so, why should we?
Watchdogs
New Contributor
This is not what your client is asking. He asked WHY is takes so long. Surely there must be a reason for this corrupt system and banking practise.
Skyespirit
New Contributor
Same here. Closing account asap. They are slow with everything compared to other banks
Johan1949
How long did you wait for it to finally show and be available?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @jayalexinf,

Please be advised that there is a 24 hour period maximum clearance time (on a business day) for transfers between Standard Bank accounts. Weekends and public holidays are not considered business days. Should the transfer take longer, please contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward your accounts number/s, ID number and contact details to [email protected] in order for us to trace where the funds are currently sitting and assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

jayalexinf
New Contributor

@Jay2012 wrote:
Money was transfered from standard bank to my standardbank account. Why does it take so long. thought inter account tranfers will be quick. Really

It's cos they are poes not great.

jayalexinf
New Contributor

I am closing my standard account, no instant EFTs is a deal breaker for me. Just please close your accounts, WHAT BANK ISN'T INSTANT! Terrible bank. 

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Jay2012,

The transaction usually takes up to 24 hours to reflect on your account.  If this is still not resolved please email us with your account and transaction details date etc.

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

Jay2012
Money was transfered from standard bank to my standardbank account. Why does it take so long. thought inter account tranfers will be quick. Really
Jamie1
Hi I had an eft done to my account from a standard bank account. The eft is showing under transactions on my app and showing as the closing balance in my online banking statement however it is not available in my available funds in my account. How is this possible?