Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EFT from standard bank to standard bank

Jamie1

EFT from standard bank to standard bank

Hi I had an eft done to my account from a standard bank account. The eft is showing under transactions on my app and showing as the closing balance in my online banking statement however it is not available in my available funds in my account. How is this possible?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Jay2012

Re: EFT from standard bank to standard bank

Money was transfered from standard bank to my standardbank account. Why does it take so long. thought inter account tranfers will be quick. Really
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hello @Jay2012,

The transaction usually takes up to 24 hours to reflect on your account.  If this is still not resolved please email us with your account and transaction details date etc.

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
jayalexinf
New Contributor

I am closing my standard account, no instant EFTs is a deal breaker for me. Just please close your accounts, WHAT BANK ISN'T INSTANT! Terrible bank. 

0 Kudos
jayalexinf
New Contributor

@Jay2012 wrote:
Money was transfered from standard bank to my standardbank account. Why does it take so long. thought inter account tranfers will be quick. Really

It's cos they are poes not great.

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @jayalexinf,

Please be advised that there is a 24 hour period maximum clearance time (on a business day) for transfers between Standard Bank accounts. Weekends and public holidays are not considered business days. Should the transfer take longer, please contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward your accounts number/s, ID number and contact details to [email protected] in order for us to trace where the funds are currently sitting and assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos