Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
94 REPLIES 94
shannonvenga

I am struggling with the exact same problem. 

Did anyone come right?

TraceyB
New Contributor

I seriously hope this is not the case, I have just applied for my 2 kids through my bank, they are young so OBVIOUSLY they do not have bank accounts and they are my minor dependants. The money has been taken out of my account, R1200, but it will not reflect as payment successful so I cannot book to do the biometrics and I am getting VERY frustrated.

@Funky wrote:

This is ridiculous! The ID number of the account holder and the ID number of the person applying online may match as it is my account, HOWEVER, my two young children doesn't have bank accounts and OBVIOUSLY their ID numbers will not match with the ID number on MY BANK ACCOUNT! Have you ever heard of anything so silly!! So only I can make use of the online system and pay via my Standard Bank account, but nobody else in my family can???? Really????

I thought we used Standard Bank to deal with more efficient systems not more of the same garbage we get from home affairs.

Sallyanne

I am also waiting for the bill to reflect from the department of home affairs so that I can pay, How long does it take to reflect? I have redone it a few times and still nothing?

@Funky wrote:

Try the following. Go to Transact, My Bills, Pay on behalf of Someone - then on the dropdown select Dept of Home Affairs. In the space provided, type the person's ID number and the payment request should pop up. This is how it usually works, however, the payment request pop up after typing in the ID number doesn't seem to working currently. I've done many payments on behalf of family members. But there seems to be a serious issue with the payment requests not showing at the moment.

Didnt work

Funky
New Contributor

Try the following. Go to Transact, My Bills, Pay on behalf of Someone - then on the dropdown select Dept of Home Affairs. In the space provided, type the person's ID number and the payment request should pop up. This is how it usually works, however, the payment request pop up after typing in the ID number doesn't seem to working currently. I've done many payments on behalf of family members. But there seems to be a serious issue with the payment requests not showing at the moment.

Funky
New Contributor

I've made several payments on behalf of family members so I know exactly how the system works. However for the last week, the payment request sent from the DHA website to my standard bank account doesn't show. Usually, under My Bills - Pay on behalf of - Departmen of Home Affairs, I would type in the ID number and then the payment request will pop up. But it doesn't anymore. This has been going on for the last week or so, where the payment request isn't showing on the standard bank internet banking. Please can you investigate this urgent.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Aya_3.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

ID and passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za,.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Before proceeding to make payments, please ensure that you have completed the application on the home affairs website and that a reference number has been generated so that it will be filtered through.

Here's how:

• Click on Transact.
  • Under Pay, click My Bills.
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check 2–4 weeks in advance for available dates.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Standard Bank Team.

Aya_3

When trying to pay the department of home affairs via Internet banking and even after subscription it doesn't show where I can pay the bill. It's been 3 days now and it's frustrating as I also tried calling standard bank yet still no success.  I really need to make an ID before going back to work .

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day Matlhasego.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We would like to investigate this matter for you. But before we can do so,

Kindly refresh your page and restart the process to check if it will not filter through.

Should it not, kindly email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Matlhasego
I have the same problem. I called Standardbank they say I must go to DHA to reverse the money as they can't reverse my bills transactions. But DHA referred me to the bank. Very upset at the moment.
Tashreequa
New Contributor
Hi so I’ve followed all this the R600 for my passport was deducted it was processed successfully still it says on the home affairs app that payment was not made??
Tashreequa
New Contributor
Hi good day so I applied for my passport online made a payment confirmed it online still saying I did not make the payment on the home affairs site can someone assist pls
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @sebenzilekennyM.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page to get more info at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

sebenzilekennyM
New Contributor
sebenzilekennyM
New Contributor
Applying smart id
sebenzilekennyM
New Contributor
Applying smart id
JonathanDyason

I had to subscribe to the Department of Home Affairs, under My Bills.

Once I had done that, the request for payment, with the reference number, reflected.

I then paid and it worked.

Funky
New Contributor

Did you pay from your own bank account? Standard Bank requires that the person making the online application via eHome Affairs, that person's ID number and the ID number of the account holder atn Standard bank, must match.... so silly! So only you can make use of that service. If you have to apply for your minor children, you cant because their ID numbers wont match the ID number on the bank account.

Funky
New Contributor

This is ridiculous! The ID number of the account holder and the ID number of the person applying online may match as it is my account, HOWEVER, my two young children doesn't have bank accounts and OBVIOUSLY their ID numbers will not match with the ID number on MY BANK ACCOUNT! Have you ever heard of anything so silly!! So only I can make use of the online system and pay via my Standard Bank account, but nobody else in my family can???? Really????

AsandaX1

I am having the same problem. Have you been helped?

L0uMar1

Good Day,
I've booked passport renewal via DHA and made payments via Standard Bank at 09h47 however, when I went to the DHA Branch, my payment didn't reflect. How long does it take for payments to reflect on DHA side? The lady at the payment counter said I must submit the payment online but there is no such option. Kindly assist, thank you.