Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Funds available

2 REPLIES 2
Mascof
New Contributor
I see they have already deducted 4 insufficient funds pos despite there being available funds. What this could mean I go to the supermarket and spend an hour getting my grocer cerise and go to the till to pay. Having checked my bank statement prior to purchasing my groceries I get insufficient funds and can't pay for my groceries so I try a few more times. End up walking out very frustrated from the shop with no food to eat for my family. Once home I look at my statement online and see R950 available and 4 R8.65, total of R350 service fees for declined point of sale. Previous day my cash I deposited gets jammed and after lengthy calls told to wait for 7days. So guess what no money. Why are we forced to put up with this. The service sucks and is one sided as they immediately deduct fees, but you must wait and be inconvenienced by nonsense. They employ a few customer service people at a call centre with what credentials I don't know and somewhere sit a director who sits on his **bleep** thinking of ways to rip the consumer of with there ever increasing bank charges and zero percent interest for positive balances. Why are we subjected to this inconvenience, time and money we lose. Banks are laughing all the way, they joining the monopoly of you have no choice but must have an bank account cluster of banks here in south Africa and we will increase Our fees and offer little service. Read your terms and conditions. Without us banks you are nothing, you employ less staff and we have to wait in long queues. You close your doors early and work 6 hour days often with 1 person on duty at enquiries. You want people to do electronic banking as there's no effort on your part. I want my fees deducted of my account this evening to be returned to my account and any other missing money as my balance has dropped. Which bank to bank with is the question. Why are we being robbed of our money. To me this is a criminal act and the bank should be fined more competition we need, they trying to make this a cashless society at who's expense. Unhappy customer, never use a debit card online you will get your fingers burnt and incurred numerous charges. Crypto currency the future Mr greed, banks are going out the picture. Your days are numbered I guess that's why you cashing in like most state owned companies in South Africa.
Mascof
New Contributor
I see they have already deducted 4 insufficient funds pos despite there being available funds. What this could mean I go to the supermarket and spend an hour getting my grocer cerise and go to the till to pay. Having checked my bank statement prior to purchasing my groceries I get insufficient funds and can't pay for my groceries so I try a few more times. End up walking out very frustrated from the shop with no food to eat for my family. Once home I look at my statement online and see R950 available and 4 R8.65, total of R350 service fees for declined point of sale. Previous day my cash I deposited gets jammed and after lengthy calls told to wait for 7days. So guess what no money. Why are we forced to put up with this. The service sucks and is one sided as they immediately deduct fees, but you must wait and be inconvenienced by nonsense. They employ a few customer service people at a call centre with what credentials I don't know and somewhere sit a director who sits on his **bleep** thinking of ways to rip the consumer of with there ever increasing bank charges and zero percent interest for positive balances. Why are we subjected to this inconvenience, time and money we lose. Banks are laughing all the way, they joining the monopoly of you have no choice but must have an bank account cluster of banks here in south Africa and we will increase Our fees and offer little service. Read your terms and conditions. Without us banks you are nothing, you employ less staff and we have to wait in long queues. You close your doors early and work 6 hour days often with 1 person on duty at enquiries. You want people to do electronic banking as there's no effort on your part. I want my fees deducted of my account this evening to be returned to my account and any other missing money as my balance has dropped. Which bank to bank with is the question. Why are we being robbed of our money. To me this is a criminal act and the bank should be fined more competition we need, they trying to make this a cashless society at who's expense. Unhappy customer, never use a debit card online you will get your fingers burnt and incurred numerous charges. Crypto currency the future Mr greed, banks are going out the picture. Your days are numbered I guess that's why you cashing in like most state owned companies in South Africa.
Mascof
New Contributor
Unable to use my funds. Funds available, tried to use my money twice. If I get charged your R8. 60 x 2. I will be taking this further with management and social media. Your quick to charge me this when I don't have funds available. Just try this with 2 transactions that were declined. Standardbank will become news.