Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

IBAN number

30 REPLIES 30
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Ruzayne.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

No, it is not possible. You need to have an existing account, as the funds will be transferred to your account.

Should you consider opening an account, please use the link below.

https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/bank-with-us/bank-accounts...

We hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Ruzayne
Good day is it possible to receive a swift wire transfer without having a standard bank account
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Sam15.

We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Reading that has reminded us that we still have work to do, and we would want to assist you.

Please contact us at [email protected] with the subject "Community inquiry | iBAN number request."

We eagerly await your email.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Sam15

Ive looked at bank statements and cannot find it. Everytime I call my Standard Bank branch, you always stay on hold, if you actually get to speak to someone they keep saying that they are transferring me to the department that can help me and I am put on hold again and then they cut the call. I have been trying for almost two weeks and no one at Standard Bank can help me. Someone from the Hatfield Branch please just give me the IBAN code because Standard Bank staff are not helpful in the least.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @KenCTaylor1.

Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money.

IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad; in this case, the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary; however, when receiving money, a Swift code will then have to be provided along with your banking details.

The Standard Bank Swift Code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain of the IBAN number, he or she can contact their branch to obtain this information.

Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-Transfers/... for more information.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

KenCTaylor1

Need the IBAN number for money sent from Italy to South Africa

Thabnks

Ken

HOhlmeyer
Occasional Visitor

@JennyB51 wrote:
What is my IBAN for a sender to use for an international transfer into my account?

JennyB51
New Contributor
Very helpful. Thanks Boitumelo
JennyB51
New Contributor
What is my IBAN for a sender to use for an international transfer into my account?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @eThembeni.

Please check Boitumelos response regarding iBan number and how it works.

Kindly let me know if the solution offers helps.

Kind regards,

Fana.

eThembeni

Is the Standard Bank IBAN No. 5287?

wendypic

IBAN NUMBER SOMEONE IS TRYING TO PAY ME FROM THE EU

Christofpr

So now we still dont know where to get the IBAN number. It doesnt help to click on the accont number in the online banking App. I have been welcomed 30 yrs ago and I dont think I have the letter anymore. I dont get printed statements. And it does not apear on the statement I generate myself. So where can I get the IBAN - any body?

chigoma1

Account type: It is recommended that you use a Cheque / Savings account to receive international payments. 

Standard Bank’s SWIFT address: SBZAZAJJ

Branch/sort code: 051001. If this information is requested, please advise the sender to ensure that the branch code is not
provided in the same field as your account number.

Account number/IBAN number: Provide your Standard Bank account number

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Annette2 & @Pirrie 

Just to add on what @Pirrie explains: Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift Code will then have to be provided together with your banking details.

The Standard bank Swift Code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... for more information.

Let us know if the provided information was helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Pirrie

South Africa does not use the IBAN system. We use SWIFT + Branch code + account number

The bank details one needs to give someone from abroad to send you money are:

example is for transfers to a Standard Bank South Africa account

SWIFT code= SBZAZAJJ                      (SWIFT Code for Standard Bank)

Branch code : 051001                              (Standard Bank Universal branch)

Account number: 02-111-222-3               (Standard Bank Account Number)

Annette2

Could someone please provide a simple formula of what the IBAN number consists of? Whether we are sending or receiving money should be irrelevant.

wlens
Occasional Visitor

Can Somebody from standard bank (Other than Mandy, that just copies and pastes the same useless answer three times) please answer this question? I need to receive money from Spain and they are asking for my IBAN number

AJPS
New Contributor

It seems to me that your IBAN number = the Standard Bank Swift code + your bank account number.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @MathiasMtonga,

Please note that we first need to determine if you are sending or receiving money. IBAN numbers are required when sending money to beneficiaries abroad, in this case the IBAN number will be provided directly by the beneficiary, however, when receiving money a Swift code will then have to be provided together with your banking details. The Standard bank swift code is SBZAZAJJ. If a beneficiary is not certain on the IBAN number, he/she can contact their branch to obtain this information. Please visit: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Foreign-Exchange/Payments-and-transfers/... for more information.

Kind Regards,

Mandy