Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Internet Merchant Services Are Useless - Go Elsewhere.

1 REPLY 1
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @alihaddow,

We do apologise for the delay. Can you please forward us your full details so that we can follow up on your application with the Business Banking Team. 

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

alihaddow
Occasional Visitor

The whole process of signing up for an internet merchant account and then waiting 7 business days (which for me has been way WAY longer) is flawed. A sales consultant has to come out to see you to get the application completed, which can prove tricky - especially for businesses who are on the move - so we ended up having to reschedule several times. Then once the application was completed we were told it would take a MAXIMUM of 7 business days to complete. Utter BS, lies. It has been 11 business days and counting. Still nothing. Every time I call them to check up on the application, they say they will escalate it - my application has been escalated 3 times now. Still nothing. 

If you are thinking about getting an Internet Merchant Account with Standard Bank, please go elsewhere. They are not moving forward, they are moving backwards.