Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Money deposited into dormant account

3 REPLIES 3
LadyAfriqa
New Contributor
Hi again, I too decided to close my first account due to unauthorised debit orders. Would get about 6 a month taking R50 to R110. Well today I did go to SB New Germany and everything went well. No one asked me questions or gave me problems. Closed my account and got my money back in cash. So I really dont know why theyre giving you such a hard time. If I was able to do it, then so can you. I will however state that some SB consultants are extremely unhelpful and will turn you right back around without lifting a finger to even help you. I hope you get the assistance that I did.
Tulz
New Contributor
I went to the branch today and was just told that there is nothing they can do because the account is closed. Funny thing is that the person who deposited the money in my account has even given me proof of payment. How long does one have to wait for the money to reverse bank to the senders account the deposit was done on the 24th of July. To think that I had closed the same account and opened another one with them because there was unauthorised debit orders coming off the closed account and decided to be loyal to standard bank and this is the service I get.
LadyAfriqa
New Contributor
Hi, it just so happens that Im experiencing the very same thing. I tried to transfer the money to another account, tried send it to myself via instant money to clear the account but nothing worked. Called SB and as youre probably aware, I got the famous "visit a branch line. "So tomorrow I will be visitng them to get my cash then close the account. Try doing same.
Tulz
New Contributor
I closed my account in May but someone has deposited money into the same account in July and it has not been reversed how do I retrieve the money?