Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Naedo Representation debit order

Solved
Community Coordinator

Re: Naedo Representation debit order

Hello @Dockana,

I can imagine your frustration on this. Please be advised that Naedo debit orders forms part of the CPA rules on debit orders and the agreement between you and the service provider. 

You have an obligation to cancel such debit orders with the service provider as the instruction is being sent to us for such transaction. 

Please let me know should you still need further information on this.

You can contact us (0860 123 000) or visit the nearest branch to cancel this debit order.

Thanks, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
Tkzee
New Contributor

I don’t understand how std bank requires me to track/stop a debit order I did not initiate and further investigate a company I don’t even know. The origin of the transaction is between the company and the bank yet it’s my responsibility🤷🏾‍♂️?
A simple control is that each debit order transaction should have my authority whether electronically or signed form filed by the bank. It would make more sense to assume responsibility if someone forged my signature but if someone accessed my details and just instructed my bank to pay from my account and my bank actions this without any control check, there’s a serious control weakness there.

Fact is is Most of us don’t know these companies or where they get such sensitive information. I’m also convinced that there can be an IT solution that can at least detect abnormal debit orders such abnormal date of order, common reference used in previous fraudulent orders etc.

I’m also told other banks allow these queries to be raised via App, surely that is convenience.
0 Kudos
Solwazi

I am a student with a student current account and i've just been billed for the same thing.

The disgusting part about this is the fact that i have to use more money to call the bank, amd then no one picks up. There isnt even a system in place to return unanswered calls.

Im going to have to use more money to get to the bank again tomorrow and wait for hours before getting assistance. And i wont get refunded for the charges anyways.

I dont even know why im banking with standard bank anyways because every month is one struggle or another. The service is exceptionally poor.

I registered for bank notifications and they dont even send one to inform me of what goes on with my account.

I dont see how its my account if anyone can institute a debit order on it without my consent and the bank doesnt even think to confirm with me first.

Then they tell ke its my job to stop this thing. Why should i bank with you if my money isnt safe?!!!!

I need assistance ASAP so someone better call me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hello @Solwazi,

The best way to resolve this is to forward us your full account details with contact details. Please include the transactions and dates so that we can investigate this matter further and feedback to you.

You can email us here: [email protected]

Regards, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos