Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Prepaid electricity

Solved
26 REPLIES 26
mandisa5
New Contributor

hi i also have a problem with my app i bought electricity for R50 and it only gave me units for R20 and said R30 Debt what debt is that.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Jason, 

Unfortunately, this service is not available in the Cape Town area.

jason23seekoei
New Contributor
My transaction keeps saying declined, all the details are correct, pls assist
jason23seekoei
New Contributor
Hi i have the same problem , I'm in Colorado Park ,Mitchell's Plain
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Gili, in which area are you based?

Gilli
New Contributor
That was a generic response. Please read my query:
I tried purchasing electricity on the standard bank mobile app , twice . Both were for an amount of R500 and both transactions were unsuccessful. But my balance shows that R1000 was deducted. What happened to my funds?is it being held? Please assist.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Cape Town area only. For any problems with any other areas, please contact 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

Gilli
New Contributor
Hi I tried purchasing electricity on my cellphone bank, twice last night. Both were for an amount of R500 and both transactions were unsuccessful. But my balance shows that R1000 was deducted. What happened to my funds?is it being held? Please assist.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Haaaan,

Which area are you in?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Haaaan
Occasional Visitor
How could this question possibly be solved, it was never answered?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please restart your device and try again.

gs

i could buy via the app last month but today no luck. tried ussd but get a "general error".

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This service is no longer available in Cape Town, please alternatively, purchase your electricity via the USSD, ATM and POS platforms.

cjvanrhyn
Regular Visitor
Durbanville Cape Town. This was very convenient, and now its just plain bad from Standard Bank. Its now almost 4 months and this problem still exist!
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi West,

We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. You may use cellphone banking (*130*2345#) as an alternative until the matter is resolved with the Cape-Town municipality.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

west
New Contributor
Cape Town kuilsriver. ..

This process use to be effortless and hassle free. .
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Cape-Town area only. For any problems with other areas please call us on 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

jvhill73
New Contributor
Lotus River, cape town
serikag
New Contributor
Johannesburg south
marthalonn
New Contributor
Klerksdorp noord wes