Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal.

thabangwilliamm
I'd love to reverse a debit of R1881,00
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Torigardner09,

You can reverse payments of up to 40 days if the merchant hasn't cashed the money.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

torigardner09
Occasional Visitor

Good morning

I would like to know if it would be possible to reverse a payment made on 28 October? I suspect that the company I paid have done a runner with the money. 

Regards

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, reversal of debit orders take up to 40 days, you can call our help desk to query the state of your reversal on 0860 123 000.

antheaaparker
Good day

I've send an email on Tuesday to standard bank regarding a reversal of 3 debit orders which is thousands of Rands no response received as yet. Send it to help desk with all personal information as well as card no can a debit order be reversed by sending an email? How long does it normally take?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please contact our help desk on 0860 123 000, for assistance on this matter.

swanless22
New Contributor

Good morning 

I had a refund processed back to me on the 9th of June and have yet to recieve the money back into my account, I was advised by the company (Runwaysale) that, depending on my bank's card reversal time it could take from 3-10 working days. 

I was just curious as to how long your card reversal time is and when I should call and query if they have in fact processed the refund transaction. 

Thanks very much 

Sarah 

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Dineo,

You can make any transactions at any Standard Bank branch.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Dineo
Solution

Can I reverse an EFT transfer at any Standard bank branch or I have to go to the branch where I am registered?

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Neesh8,

You can reverse debit orders for up to 40 days. However if the merchant as already claimed the money it could be problematic, please contact 0860123000 for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank

neesh8
Is it possible to reverse an EFT that was made to an airline that has been grounded and refuses to refund me the money that I paid for the flight?
Go to the solution >