Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Samsung Pay Not registering My Standard bank current accounts.

13 REPLIES 13
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @AJTEX1.

Thank you for your input. This appears to be a frustrating experience.

Please contact us at [email protected] with your personal details so that we can investigate and resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you via email.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

AJTEX1
New Contributor
Exactly my issue for the last year.
SD Bank sent an message via their Samsung Wallet app stating that the issue has been resolved, but it's still the exact same f****g issue!!
Any SD Bank Card just doesn't work, all other bank cards verify.
It keeps reverting back to "Call bank"....
Llewellyn05
I'm having the exact same problem and I would just like to say that I am very unhappy with the service of standard bank in this regard!
Please alter the accepted cards because I am not able to load a debit card and my credit card is waiting for authorization for the past month atleast...yall are terrible ,very unhappy customer
Hoffie
Occasional Contributor

Standard Bank registered a MasterCard Virtual card. Still does not work! Samsung Pay still does not work on any Standard Bank Card, barring the Credit Card! This is false advertising from Standard Bank. Why advertise somethig that is not supported?

Hoffie
Occasional Contributor
"CARD NOT SUPPORTED- YOUR CARD ISSUER DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS CARD FOR SAMSUNG PAY YET". This even after eventually getting a Virtual Card from Standard Bank. Really, really , really bad service.hat a total waste of time and effort. You, Standard Bank keep blaming me! Its a common problem, that you are not addressing. How many times must i repeat "CARD NOT SUPPORTED- YOUR CARD ISSUER DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS CARD FOR SAMSUNG PAY YET".
THIS IS YOUR FAULT! NOT MINE! THIS IS STANDARD BANKS INCOMPETENCE! NOT MINE....
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Hoffie,

Kindly share the actual error message when linking this accounts so that we can investigate further. Please send you query here: [email protected]. Once received we will escalate to our partner Samsung for further investigation.

Regard,

Boitumelo

Hoffie
Occasional Contributor
After many hours of wasted time, phone call to Card Devision, Private Banker, Samsung Pay, Team Leaders at Lambton Branch in Germiston (all to prove that I am not at fault), this is there reply :
According to our Product Department all card numbers starting with: 4548………. and 5196………; cannot yet make use of the Samsung Tap to Pay functionality.
Sooo, Standard Bank is only partially participating in Samsung Pay, and yes, prioritising their CC's. At the inconvenience of their customers... How come that sounds normal for Standard Bank?
Hoffie
Occasional Contributor
After many hours of wasted time, phone call to Card Devision, Private Banker, Samsung Pay, Team Leaders at Lambton Branch in Germiston (all to prove that I am not at fault), this is there reply :
According to our Product Department all card numbers starting with: 4548………. and 5196………; cannot yet make use of the Samsung Tap to Pay functionality.

Sooo, Standard Bank is only partially participating in Samsung Pay, and yes, prioritising their CC's. At the inconvenience of their customers... How come that sounds normal for Standard Bank?
albertmtladi
New Contributor
Not solved and worse I spent hours not once, I call a thousand times and stay on the phone for a very long time sent to this depart and to the other. IT department was the worst I never got any solution from them. They never returned after the case was put on their hands. I use the card of my which I had to order because of the unresolved mystery.
albertmtladi
New Contributor
Sorry, I do not think the IT will call. Up until today my case is not solved. I even had to apply for a new card, @ Std Bombela Nelspruit we were advised by the card division to destroy the card and order a new one. That never happened. I stayed without my card for almost 2months :(
Hoffie
Occasional Contributor

I was told by 086012300 this was because it was a Visa card. Went to Lambton STD Bnk, was issued a new card (as Mastercard). Same problem. Went back and forth, between Personal Banker, 086-, the bank branch, all to no avail.

Apparently, its an IT problem... now waiting for them to phone me one day?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @GrantKew,

Please advise if this is still an issue on your site? Note both virtual and cheque accounts can be linked on your Samsung pay not the UCount points account. 

Kindly also share the error message when linking this accounts so that we can investigate further. Please send you query here: [email protected]

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

GrantKew
albertmtladi
New Contributor

Hi, My standard bank current account, "Cheque, Virtual Card and Ucount not registering for Samsung Pay". However with the old Credit card that is closed I am able to register. I find it strange and make me think that Standard bank is prioritising Credit Card customers over the other costumers. I might be wrong. I would like to ask if is there any one who succeeded yet with registering his/her Standard bank accounts exept for the CREDIT CARD. ;)

Error message says "CARD NOT SUPPORTED- YOUR CARD ISSUER DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS CARD FOR SAMSUNG PAY YET".