Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Sending secure message on new site

8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Standard

It is a simple technical matter.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO IT.

They want to maximise their profits at your expense.

So forget about getting a sensible answer out of Standard bank.

Meaningless platitudes and tired worn out excuses.

tomasikj
Occasional Visitor

The Secure Message is still not available.

When will this service resume?

PeterD
New Contributor

So - 11 months later: have your technical team considered what is technically not a particularly challenging feature to implement?
Asking clients to send their full bank account details and request via unsecured normal email is really, really not good practice.

talanag

Good afternoon, this feature is still not available?  Please advise?

ben1
New Contributor

when the new mobile app came out one of the features it was supposed to come with was the option to stop debit orders, i have searched the app and i dont seem to find this facility, please advise.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @annamarieJVV,

Thank you for making contact. Could you kindly forward your request, account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "history of bank statements" so that our service team can be able to identify your query and assist you further with your request to obtain bank statements older than 160 days.

Regards,

Mandy

annamarieJVV

Dear Mandy,

In the old days I could request a consultant to send me a bank statement that is older than 6 months, by sending a secure message on the internet banking site, but now I can't do this with the new site anymore. I still spoke to a standard bank consultant telephonically on Saturday, and he advised me to send a secure message to request this. But now I can't seem to get access to the old site to still be able to send this request. Is there any way that I can make a request for a statement from last year without visiting the bank?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @mb2,

Please be advised that the feature to send secure messages is currently not available on the new Online Banking, however our technical team has advised that the feature is likely to be considered for future Internet Banking development plans.

Regards,

Mandy

mb2
Occasional Visitor

Hi

We used to be able to send secure messages from your profile on the old site. How do you do this on the new site? I can't get back onto the old site now to do this.