Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Statement Referances

2 REPLIES 2
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Vincent1,

Please be advised that you can view your reference number on the proof of payment for that particular transaction. The proof of payment can be obtained through the online banking site making use of the following steps:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • Once the document pops up, you'll be able to see both your reference number and beneficiary reference,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Please let me know above completion if the above has been helpful.

Regards,

Mandy

WilliamKe
Regular Visitor

I fully agree. Why allow us to change a Reference, but it never appears on any statement again - online or downloaded. It can be very usefull

Vincent1
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

What is the point of asking for "my referance" when I do payments and nowhere on my statement I ever see it again. In my case I pay various payments to the same person and want to see the "my referance" on my statement, instead it just shows the name every time. Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise why have it? I have asked about this on numerous occations to every banker I have spoken to and still nothing....