Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Stopping Re-occurring unauthorized debit order

Solved
6 REPLIES 6
RJC
New Contributor

Hi @MandyP

Does this mean that if someone gets hold of your details and places a debit order on your account without your consent that the bank can not insist on further confirmation from the Company that they actually have consent to take money off someone's account. 

If this person is saying they can not get hold of the Company, Do not know who they are and that the information the Bank has given them is non functional, would this not reflect badly on the Bank? Surely there are controls in place to ensure that the customer is not getting scammed, and to stop further scams from taking place on these accounts?

BENNIE1234
New Contributor

how can i stop this debit orders without me paying any costs

gofix
Occasional Contributor

It is necessary to look at what kind of power supply of your laptop, if a simple 2-pin is possible then, I would not advise charging the charging function. I have a function to test the brush motors on the charging, that is, you can get an adjustable voltage source, and the amperage will charge on demand to some limit (I have 7A). a friend tried to charge the battery assembly lithium-ion with a built-in balancer, charges, but the balancer built in the block chopping off the charge before - charging it swears.

yourHEINnes

I have been trying to stop and get information about who is debiting my account ,It seems  its been going on for about 8 months now.

Put in my dispute ,the bank refunded me the previous months debit that was made.

Struggling to get someone to really help me, all I get told is that I need a conformation of cancellelation (how do you cancell something google cant even get)

They told me to go to a branch to get bank statements, apparenty I have to send a dispute for each debit they've made (why cant the account that debits me get disputed at once) anyway the bank teller tells me I can get all my staements on the new site.

The site only allows you toe get 3 months so I'll have to go to a branch again before I can send all my statements that the bank probably can get hold of.

does anyone know of a different or better route to follow

tempest
Occasional Visitor
Hi i have been experiencing the same problem. The problem is i can't seem to get hold of this company as their numbers are invalid, their email address doesn't work neither. I have never made an agreement with these people yet they keep debiting me. Isn't there something you can do as i have been banking with you guys for ages now...
MandyP
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @Xander17,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Xander17
New Contributor

there is this campany that keeps placing Naedo debit orders on my account, they have been doing this for two months now and I have been successful in reversing them. But since I knew nothing about this company I looked them up and it's a scam. Is there anyway the bank can stop them from placing these debit order permanently?

Go to the solution >