Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Unauthorized Naedo Debit order

Solved
13 REPLIES 13
Thomas25
The service is very poor lately. Maybe it is time for a new bank
TG74
Occasional Visitor
IGA Investments is R98 Scam, they/it would have just taken my money had I I not bothered to read a debit sms, but despite lengthy explanations by the bank, every debit must be verified with the customer 1st, this is just irritating. Had this happened during my pay date I'd have surely not noticed. The fraud divisions contacts me when I transact in other cities or closer to Port of entries surely then the debit order story can be managed.
MandyP
Solution
Community Coordinator

Good Day,

Please be advised that you can now reverse unauthorised debit orders on the online banking platform, as well as, the mobile banking app. Please visit: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-Online-Bank... for more information on how you can reverse your unauthorised debit orders on the online/internet banking platform, as well as, https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-the-Mobile-... for mobile banking app reversals.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Lwazi87
New Contributor
They just debited mine yesterday. I want my money back... Changing banks will not bring my money. First my money. When I'm back in the country SB need to explain to me if they having a cut from these fraudsters. Boitumelo please assist me with my money back into my account.
siphokazi2
New Contributor

I have just experienced this just now and i am disgusted that this is happening.

i will be moving my account elsewhere thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i will not be tracking down a company i dont even know.

Mercy1
Occasional Visitor
Best thing to do is to change banks. I had the exact same experience. ABSA allows customers to reverse a debit order immediately and you can cancel any debit order if you so wish. Been a customer since I was 13. Sadly this is what I am going to have to do. My money is not protected at all.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Penelope123,

I can imagine your frustration on this. We would like to look further into this for you and assist in resolving this matter. Can you kindly mail us with your full account details and the unauthorised debit order information for further assistance. 

You can mail us here with this information: [email protected].

Please let us know should you still need further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Penelope123
Occasional Contributor

ROUND AND ROUND THE STANDARD BANK BULBERRY BUSH

Just to report back on my success with SB.  They have reversed the unauthorised Naedo debit order.  Then sent me an email telling me they would be able to help me further, if I sent in all my security details.  which I abided by.  I just received another email telling me they cannot help me but I can call their helpline!!  Here is my reply:

Dear Lindiwe Madida 

The instruction you have given me is NOT acceptable. I have given you all the information.   I do not want to be on the phone AGAIN for an hour with someone from a call centre, who eventually tell me that there is nothing they can do and I have to send an email with a formal complaint.  Please advise why you cannot assist me and I will take this further to the banking ombudsman, or social media.
TheRav_23
Occasional Visitor
Good Evening,

Today I was checking my statements online & I picked up an unauthorized debit order from Naedo Debit what annoys me is they have my ID number how they got it I don’t know, but I feel the bank is not protecting our personal details hence I’m worried about this and if it continues I’ll be left with no choice but to switch banks... Besides this debit order I am completely happy with the services offered & that R55.00 for stoping payment the bank must do something about it cause I won’t be paying it. Thank you
Penelope123
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug,

It's iniquitous behaviour and despite being a client of SB for more than 30 years, I am sadly thinking of moving my account because other banks are offering a much more secure service.  By the way, to date, I have had no response yet from them!  So why do we have this forum?  

Thanks for the support.
Penny
DougK

This is crazy, in effect Standard bank is protecting fraudsters and then charges the client a fee to retrieve the debit order companies details. Then there is a 10 day waiting period before they deliver the information about the company that is illeglly debiting money off your account. Then the onus is on the customer to stop that transaction with a fraudulent organisation. What the hell?

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello,

The correct email address is [email protected].

Penelope123
Occasional Contributor

By the way, the email that you tell your customers to use to send in details  [email protected] is bouncing back and not working -  so don't give us this email address to report to if it doesn't even work.

Penelope123
Occasional Contributor

Unauthorized Naedo Debit order

Good Day 

Today, I have had to phone the hlepline to get the above unauthorised debit order reversed on my account.  However, I cannot be held liable to pay the debit order stop as this company does not have the authority to deduct from my account. Standard Bank needs to start verifying with their customers before allowing debit orders to deduct from our accounts.

I have looked on STANDARD BANK TALK and see that many many Standard bank customers are experiencing the same Naedo debit order fraud and you are refusing to do anything about it and leaving it to your customers to fix.  I do not accept this excuse.

Please arrange to have all my debit orders validated before being paid in future.  This is a scam and there is no way to contact these organisations to cancel the fraudulent debit order.

It is up to my bank Standard Bank to ensure that fraudulent debit orders are not credited on my account. 

If you cannot make this happen, please let me know, within 48 hours, so I can transfer my funds to another bank who can ensure this does not happen.

This is the second fraud i have experienced this month on my account, a few weeks ago I had fraudulent UCOUNT amounts taken off my account every month and had to have it reversed because I had never signed up for it.  You can imagine how angry I now am.

Thank you

Go to the solution >