Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Virtual card

Curwan
New Contributor
Hi
I'm trying to top up my virtual card but is says "Account payment limit exceeded". Should i go in to the nearest bank to change the limit
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @AJDK,

Please be advised that you have the option to assign any name/nickname for your generic virtual card. The card will be functional irrespective of the name provided. In order to amend your card name, simply tap under "card nickname" and input the desired name and tap "ok". Your updated nickname will be displayed.

Please let me know should you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Hi Mandy What should you use as the name on the card generic credit card? Usually your initials and surname would be on there? Would the nickname of the card work if used?
Jurgens
Seems not to work.specify all as with my credit card for subscription Showmax .Dont go off although fully funded.Also when try to pay accommodation via lekkeslaap
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @CWC,

Could you kindly forward your digital email address registered for your mobile banking app, as well as your ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "unable to create virtual card" so that our app development team can look further into this matter for you.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

CWC
New Contributor

Good day Mandy,

I am not able to create a virtual card on my app.

When I click on create on the generic standard bank card, a red line appears with the message "Something went wrong. Try again"

Can you please help?

Thank you very much.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Tryna19,

Please note that you can create a Virtual Card on the mobile banking app to use when shopping online. There are different cards to choose from and more than one card can be opened. The Virtual Card is a generic card that can be used for any online or in-app purchase. Please take note of the following steps in order to create your Virtual Card;

• Log onto the Mobile Banking App,
  • From the home screen, tap on "more" at the bottom right hand of your screen, 
  • Tap on "Explore Products",
  • Tap on "Virtual Cards"
  • On this screen, you'll find more information on the Virtual Card, tap on "get started",
  • A new Virtual Card tile will be created on your home screen, tap on the tile to continue,
  • A list of the available Virtual Cards will appear,
  • To create the Virtual Card, tap on "create",
  • For example, to create and Admyt card (which can be linked to your Admyt account) tap on "create",
  • This next step will show information about the card, tap on "create" to continue,
  • A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to your phone, input the digits to continue,
  • Choose a 5 digits secure code for your virtual card,
  • On entering this, your card will be created and you will automatically be shown the next screen,
  • A green message will confirm that your card has been successfully created, 
  • Here you'll be able to create a nickname for your card,
  • You can also hide and reveal your card number and CVV number,
  • You can change your secure code at any time by tapping on Set Secure Code.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Tryna19
New Contributor
More hoe link ek virtual card ek wil geld in transfeer en iets bestel online dki
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lanie1992,

Could I ask that you please forward us your details to [email protected] with the subject line "Virtual card" so that one of our relevant consultants can look into this matter and assist further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Lanie1992
Why does my virtual card not work i top it up and i cant use it any where
Nizzer1632
Occasional Visitor
How does the virtual card work,cause I've topped it up but I can't buy online using it