Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

cash retracted atm deposit

New Contributor

cash retracted atm deposit

Hello

Yesterday around 18:30 at Berea Centre in Durban I tried to deposit money for rent to my landlord. However the atm gave me an error message "cash retracted" and didn't give me a slip. And my landlord says she didn't receive any payment. This was R1600
What am I supposed to do. How do I get my money back
6 REPLIES
Community Coordinator

Re: cash retracted atm deposit

Hi Nomzamoeh,

Please go to your nearest branch to lodge a complaint for this matter.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Hi I had the same problem I went to the bank to lodge a complain and was given a reference they told my problem will be resolved in 7 days it's now been 14 days no money has been replaced how long does it normally take and what are the procedures to get my money back
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please forward your query and contact details (and reference number) to ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za, a consultant will be able to assist you. 

EVEN MY MONEY WAS ALSO RETRACTED TODAY AT MENLYN MALL AT ABOUT 18:22, HOW DO I GET IT BACK, IT JUST SHOWED FOLDED NOTES AND THEN RETRACTED MY MONEY, BUT THE NOTES WERE NOT EVEN FOLDED.

Hi on Friday I used the ATM at brea center to deposit money into my account and the machine took my money and only gave me a slip saying the transaction was not successful and I should try again later but my money did not come out. I went to your branch in davenport and they told me they would log a complaint and the matter should take them until the 27th to be resolved. Until then what do I do ? And with the complaints I've been reading up on it seems you guys take even longer then the prescribed days. I'm not happy at all because I'm a student and solely rely on that money to survive. Rent. Transport and food
Community Coordinator

Hi,

I understand your frustration and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please forward your query, contact details and reference number to ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za to check the status of your  query.