Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Access Bond - Access Surplus Funds

1 REPLY 1
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Glen

The best way to resolve this is to contact us with your full account details so that we can look further into this for you and feedback. Note: You must link your AccessBond facility to an existing Standard Bank transactional account to be able to transfer funds, this will also depend if there is any access amount available.

You can email us here: [email protected].

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Glen
New Contributor
Hi, for the last 6 months I have been paying extra into my bond over and above the required installment (I upped the debit order amount) with the intention of using this money when required in the access bond facility. I recently opened the access bond facility so i can access this money and was told that the surplus money that I have paid has gone to the capital amount of my bond. I was told that I can only access surplus money going forward and not from the past?!?! Firstly I did not instruct SBHL to transfer the additional money to the capital amount and what is the point of opening an access bond if you can't access the additional money that you have paid previously? I am a very unsatisfied customer as I believe this is not right and I am thinking of changing banks and taking my business elsewhere....