Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Assurance

10 REPLIES 10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Zama786.

The easiest method to handle this is to reveal the email address you used so that we can track your mail and provide advice.

Kindly be aware that you can reach us via Facebook and Twitter if you need a prompt answer. You can follow, inbox, or direct message us on Twitter.

Please notify us as soon as you receive an inbox so that we can escalate the situation.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Zama786
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have the same story ...insurance and assurance 

My lawyer advise me to cancel the assurance 

tgom
Occasional Visitor

i was made to take assurance, how does it work. whats the use of having both assurance and insurance at the same time. can i cancell it because i already have insurance

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @TenTwenty

The best way to resolve this will be to share the email address you sent with so that we can trace your mail and advise.

Please note for immediate response you can contact us through our social media platforms, on both Facebook and twitter. You can follow us and inbox or DM (Direct Message) us on twitter.

Let us know once inboxed so that we can escalate ASAP.

Regards,

Boitumelo

TenTwenty
Occasional Contributor

Still waiting......Smiley Frustrated

TenTwenty
Occasional Contributor

Changed the subject line to Home Assurance

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @TenTwenty,

Please confirm your subject line so that we can escalate to service team for confirmation.

Regards,

Boitumelo

TenTwenty
Occasional Contributor

Still nothing..................

TenTwenty
Occasional Contributor

I send the detail as requested................. Let's see what happens

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @TenTwenty,

Let us intervene and get further information on this for you.

Kindly email us with your full account details for your home loan to further investigate this with our team. You can mail us here: [email protected].

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

TenTwenty
Occasional Contributor

Signed the contract for a home loan but did not sign for the assurance. I have my own and is not compelled to take the one that is offered by the bank. The laywer that was with me when I signed also noted that. Whith the sheduled payment though I find that assurance was included. Went to my local branch quite a few times..... I think about 5 times. As yet it is not sorted. The help desk tell us that they are going to look for the assurance papers that I signed. The more I tell them that I did not sign it the less it make sence to them. The can not understand that there is insurance and assurance. All the tell me as that they will look for it. I'm so sick and tired. The staff at the branch are also fed-up with the incopetance but tells me that it is the only way for them to try and reslove this. By the way... this is going on for months now.

Anyone out there who had the same problem and how did you solve it. Perhaps a number or contact...... please except the help desk.