Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Home loan terms explained

A  |  B   C   D   E   F     H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z

C

Cancellation attorney:

This is the attorney who cancels the seller’s bond, if the house has not yet been paid off.

D

Deeds office:

The Deeds Office registers, maintains and manages the property registry in South Africa.

F

FICA:

The South African Reserve Bank introduced the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, No. 38 of 2001, to fight money laundering and the financing of terrorism. Customers must provide proof of physical address and their green barcoded ID or Smart ID card to verify their details.

R

Registration attorney:

This is the attorney who handles the documentation for registering a bond with a financial institution such as the bank. If you buy your property cash, you will not need a bond registration attorney.

T

Title deed:

This is a document that is prepared in the deeds office and states that you are the owner of your home.

Transfer attorney:

This is the attorney who handles the process of transferring the property from the seller’s name to your name. All property sales require this process. 

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
11 of 11
Last update:
‎31-01-2018 01:55 PM
Updated by:

Comments
Mavuki1979
New Contributor

I need a homeloan

Diggie