Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

What does NTU stand for and how does it impact me?

Solved
3 REPLIES 3
cowboyman
New Contributor

It seems to me that this is the problem I encountered last year when I was almost bankrupt due to a divorce from my wife. This situation drove me crazy and very much damaged my wallet. Fortunately, there is a way out of this situation and it seems to me that you can also use it. I was once recommended by a friend to go to the best bankruptcy attorney in San Diego who had already saved several lives from bankruptcy. He helped me, too, knowing that the case was almost impossible to win. But he took it on anyway and helped me deal with the problem

Thandazile
Solution
New Contributor
Ntu means not taken up the bond will be closed
It doesn't affect you if its the bank that decided to close the bond because the property delays were not in your control.
You can still go ahead and apply for a property again in future as long as you kept your credit record in a good state.
Thandazile
New Contributor
Sidesh
New Contributor

Hi there,

I recieved a mail from my bond registration attorney suggesting that my bond maybe 'NTU'd' as the property I am attempting to buy is taking more than a year to conclude ( Various issues with the transferring attorney ). 

What does NTU stand for? And if the bond is NTU'd, will this negetively impact me in the future with regards to credit ratings or getting another home loan down the line?

Thanks

Sidesh J.

Go to the solution >