Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Adding my Debit Card to MasterPass

6 REPLIES 6
adrianh1
New Contributor
Have sent details on as requested.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @adrianh1,

I would like to escalated this further. 

Please mail us with your full account details and contact number. We can look further into this and assist in resolving this one for you. You can send the mail to: [email protected] with your full query.

Let me know should you experience any further issues.

Regards,

Boitumelo

adrianh1
New Contributor
Boitumelo, have just returned from spending an hour at standard bank where the lady Kim Vries at Helderberg branch (bless her for trying so hard) tried to sort out the problem. She was shunted from one dept to the next until she eventually came out at MasterPass and then they weren’t able to help. Said sorry you have to enter the previous cell no that was linked to my debit card to carry on. Told them we do NOT know what the previous number was but they couldn’t look on the system to tell us the no. The no on the system is my new cell no so this does not help. Think I’ll just remove the app from my phone and write it off as UNUSABLE as there is not sufficient technical backup from Standard Bank. Not sure if you have contacts in SB to help further or should I just forget the whole business ? Adrian
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @adrianh1,

This seem to be the problem with the contact number linked to the debit card. Please make sure that you update the contact number with the current one before adding this to your app.

You visit the nearest branch to update to the current contact number.

Let me know should you like us to intervene to assist you further.

Regards,

Boitumelo

adrianh1
New Contributor
Hi Boitumelo, Thanks for your reply. I have had a current acc with SB for approx 40 yrs and currently hold a Prestige acc. The problem lies in the App itself where the previous cell no is being requested while trying to add the debit card details. I don't have the no and there is no way of adding the card when you reach this entry. Don't think Standard Bank staff know how to rectify the problem as I was shunted to about 5 different departments during a 20min call hanging on the phone to them and finally gave up. Suppose I will just have to skip trying to use MasterPass. Adrian
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello there,

The best way to resolve this will be to upgrade your account to current account to be able to enjoy online purchases. Note, to be able to link your account to master pass you will need to verify your account for online transaction using CVV (3 digit pin) which is allocated at the back of your card.

You can apply or upgrade your account here: https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts 

Let me know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

adrianh1
New Contributor

I am trying to add my Debit Card to the MasterPass App. Once I have added the card details, near the end i get a response that the card has been linked to a previous cell no and I must input the old cell no. I do not have a clue what the previous cell no was so cannot proceed. Is there a way to bypass the entry of the "previous cell number" Very frustrating.