Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

App recently asking for OTP

5 REPLIES 5
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @LadyAfriqa,

The best way to resolve this is to have you full account details and contact number to verify if the OTP's feature is active on your profile. Kindly share with us your full query with your details here: [email protected] for us to investigate this further and feedback to you.

Let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

LadyAfriqa
New Contributor

Hi, 

I cannot get into internet banking nor my app as its requesting an OTP.  When i do insert one that I have received it comes back with an error. When using internet banking it states that I have disabled receiving OTPs vie sms which is not the truth.  I have checked for updates, my app is updated and teh app itself is looking very shady.  

Kindly assist.  

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mfuner4u,

That should not be the case. Have you downloaded the latest app, if so which mobile device do you use, IOS or Android?

Standard Bank Team.

mfuner4u
New Contributor
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mfuner4u.

Which number do you need to enter for this verification purpose? Is it your cellphone number that is needed or the OTP?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mfuner4u
New Contributor
Every time I log in, It requires that I insert my number for verification purposes. I then punch in my number as per request only to be told that I must try again and of the problem still exists. What must I do?

And I won't call that number. Been using this back close to 10 years now this is starting to irritate me