Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Can't load orepaid electricity

Solved
13 REPLIES 13
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This service is not available in Cape Town. Please alternatively buy your electricity via the USSD, ATM and POS platforms.

mwhayes79
Frequent Visitor

I stay in Durbanville and this has been going on for month. FNB is working fine, therfor no issue with my account as the STD app claim. We are want answers please, when will this be resoloved?

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,  please use the USSD, ATM and POS platforms, to purchase electricity. This service is not available in Cape Town.

jeledger
Occasional Visitor

So is everyone in Cape Town unable to purchase electricity through their banks or is it just Standard Bank's customers? 

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Allister, 

We are working on fixing the Cape Town online electricity purchase issue. 

We will make the announcement once it's sorted.

Regards,

Standard Bank

Allister

lol...people and their threats.. like his really going to leave.

Please sort out app and the online purchase problem for CPT

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi

This matter can only be resolved with the municipality and this is the reason why we have been liaising directly with them. We will let you know as soon as this function is enabled again.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

Rondeboschuser
The Cape Town electricity issue remains unresolved after months. I wonder if standard bank can resolve any issue? I shall have to use another service provider. Goodbye standard bank.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi

The Cape Town electricity issue is currently being reviewed and we are working with the municipality to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We encourage customers to use any of our other self service channels to purchase electricity until this matter is resolved.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

fvanlill
Occasional Visitor

Hi

It is now almost 5 month's later and it seems the online electricity purchase issue for Cape town has not been resolved yet. I still getting errors when trying to buy electricity through the app, however other online systems like ibuy DO WORK.

Any news on this issue.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Santos

If you are in the Cape Town area, there is a problem with electricity purchases that is currently being addressed. If not, please call us on 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard bank

santosnv
Solution
Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have also not been able to load electricity on my app or Internet banking for the past 3 weeks. Is there a problem ?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Carina, please send us a detailed email to [email protected] so that we may review your concerns raised and assist you further.

carina
Frequent Visitor
Since I downloaded the app I cannot buy prepaid electricity, it tells me everytime some MMI008 code tine is out , busy getting very upset with Standard Bank
Go to the solution >