Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Careless std bank

13 REPLIES 13
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please let me know what you need assistance with so I can better assist you.

mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
IV had issues throughout the spectrum. From ATM cash withdrawals, debit card payments, your non functional sms's...
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi mgrplumbingwork, 

Did you have issues using the app recently?

mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
Every transaction I make from debit purchases to ATM withdrawals is a nerve wrecking experience cos you never know if this ridiculous bank it operating correctly.
mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
Every transaction I make from debit purchases to ATM withdrawals is a nerve wrecking experience cos you never know if this ridiculous bank it operating correctly. Move for peace of mind
mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
I would agree with you. Close your account with Std bank and move to bank that understands customer service. I'd recommend Capitec bank.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi princesifiso2, 

I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced. Do you have the Standard Bank app? You can use this to transfer funds. You can also use cellphone banking. I apologise again for the service you received. 

princesifiso2
New Contributor
Your email is not working,Any way, we moving forward as your logo says, am moving forward to Capitec as soon as my salary clicks there I'll close this account, if it's not the consultants it's the charges, if not the charges it's your app not working I nearly got killed on the street while I was at the ATM trying to transfer money

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Dec 2016, at 08:20, Prince Sfiso <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi am Prince acc no 302022872, last time I needed to transfer money it was an emergency, I needed to get a taxi nd go home b4 I got mugged the only thing I got it was errors nd atleast I had a capitec bank it ddn give me problems...and ontop I get huge charges which I'm confused where do they come from and some of your consultants they don't do their customer service well, want us to worship them while we all pay for their services,I nearly died on the street trying to transfer money, we moving forward that's what your logo says, as soon as my money clicks to Capitec I close everything under u, I've been too patient
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi princesifiso2, I apologise for the inconvenience. Can you please forward query and contact details to [email protected]. One of our consultants will call you.

princesifiso2
New Contributor
I don mind having standard bank as my bank, But some of the consultants who work at standard bank they never cared about us, we are like bubblegums they chew us when we lose taste they throw us, Last week I nearly got mugged trying to transfer money to my savings account so I can get a transport I got errors at night at about 2 am luckily I had another bank it ddn give me problems nd I get strange charges which even now am still confused they made me give up on my standard bank account,as soon as my salary is nolonger clicking under standard bank...I'm closing it!! It's time to move to a place where I'll treated like am their only customer not like trash
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi mgrplumbingwork, did you send the money to another bank or was it a Standard Bank account? 

mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
It should be. Tell me if your 'offline' issue over the weekend has caused the delay in the payment I told u about?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mgrplumbingwork,

This is worrying. Do you remember the name of the consultant that assisted you?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mgrplumbingwork
Occasional Contributor
This bank has no desire to cater to its customers in terms of customer care and service. Iv have a list of incidents I can mention but to numerous state them all here. I closed my cheque account as the charges were to high. The consultant that assisted me at the Kimberley branch told me that it was done... a week later it still wasn't closed and continued to run up costs, when I returned to the bank I was asked if I had received a notification stating that the account was closed, I replied that I was unaware of any notification and asked why I wasn't told to expect one. The consultant that assisted me overheard this and shouted disrepectfully before other customers that he had told me! I filed a complaint and nothing came form it. This account has still not be closed and has occurred costs till this day. My advice to all Std bank users... find a bank that will treat u like a customer and offer the services that we pay them millions of rands for. Rated the worst bank to bank with in SA and I no longer have the patience to deal with these clowns.