Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Changing daily limit

Solved
14 REPLIES 14
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Good Morning,

This feature is profile based and currently you can only amend the changes at the branch or via our call center when you're International here: +27 11 299 4520, alternatively please email your details to including the details you would like to amend: [email protected] and please use subject line: "Change of OTP from SMS to Email/Community query" for us to be able to fast track your query.

Regards,

Boitumelo

SP3
Am also abroad an my mobile phone number is not working what can I do to receive one time pin via my email
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Rowana16,

What challenges are you experiencing with our app? 

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Courtney14,

You can change your payment limit on the Standard Bank app. Please see instructions on how to do this below:

Select the menu icon in the top left or swipe the screen from left to right

Select ‘Settings’ (bottom right)

Under the ‘Cards’ section, select the highlighted card (this is the card you used to create the dashboard)

Select ‘Monthly EAP Limit’

Select the current EAP limit amount, and change this to the new limit that you’d like (up to a maximum of R500 000)

Select ‘Next’

You will receive a one-time password (OTP) delivered to your cellphone or email

Enter this OTP

A screen will confirm your limit is updated and you will receive an SMS to confirm your limit has been changed

Your new limit is applied permanently (ie for this month, and all months after that).

rowana16
Occasional Visitor

This does not work at all! The settings button has nothing loaded in it at all. This is a rubbish app! The least user friendly banking app I've ever used. Standard Bank can learn tons from FNB! 

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Wynand53,

The daily withdrawal limit can only be changed at the branch.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Wynand53

Hi - your explaination is for MONTHLY and not for DAILY....  Can one change the daily withdrawl at an ATM via the app?

Regards

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Leiz89,

If you have the new internet banking, please follow these steps:

• Select the menu icon in the top left or swipe the screen from left to right
  • Select ‘Settings’ (bottom right)
  • Under the ‘Cards’ section, select the highlighted card (this is the card you used to create the dashboard)
  • Select ‘Monthly EAP Limit’
  • Select the current EAP limit amount, and change this to the new limit that you’d like (up to a maximum of R500 000)
  • Select ‘Next’
  • You will receive a one-time password (OTP) delivered to your cellphone or email
  • Enter this OTP
  • A screen will confirm your limit is updated and you will receive an SMS to confirm your limit has been changed
  • Your new limit is applied permanently (ie for this month, and all months after that)

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

leilz89
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I would like a step by step guide on how to change my daily transfer limit please. I am overseas and cannot afford to call the call centre. How do i increase my limit via internet banking.

Thanks

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Leonav886,

Do you use the new or the old internet banking site?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

leonav886
Occasional Visitor

I've tried that but it still don't work. I swipe left to right and it does not show in settings ether.

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Perernsl,

To change your limit please follow these steps:

• Select the menu icon in the top left or swipe the screen from left to right
  • Select ‘Settings’ (bottom right)
  • Under the ‘Cards’ section, select the highlighted card (this is the card you used to create the dashboard)
  • Select ‘Monthly EAP Limit’
  • Select the current EAP limit amount, and change this to the new limit that you’d like (up to a maximum of R500 000)
  • Select ‘Next’
  • You will receive a one-time password (OTP) delivered to your cellphone or email
  • Enter this OTP
  • A screen will confirm your limit is updated and you will receive an SMS to confirm your limit has been changed
  • Your new limit is applied permanently (ie for this month, and all months after that)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Peterprnsl
Regular Visitor
Would also like to know how, as I'm currently struggling with the same problem. What is the procedure?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

It is possible to change your payment limit on the Standard Bank App.

Courtney14
Occasional Visitor
I would like to know if it is possible to change your payment limit on the standard bank app or not?
Go to the solution >