Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card as Beneficiary

9 REPLIES 9
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning Luthando29.

We kindly advise that you don't post your personal or account details on this platform, as it's public.

Please tell us what assistance you were looking for.

We'd like to hear from you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Luthando29
I need to payment from my card via how do I transfer money into one card
bigbigb

1. click [add beneficiary] in app or internet banking

2. click [A bank-approved company] in app or [Search for a listed beneficiary] in internet banking

3. search for [STANDARD BANK CARD / BLUEBEAN CREDIT CARD / DINERS CLUB / etc. depending on type of card administered by Standard Bank] and select it

4. enter your card ACCOUNT number in [Their reference] in app or [Beneficiary reference] in internet banking NOTE THAT YOUR CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER MAY NOT BE THE SAME AS THE NUMBER ON YOUR CARD, AND YOUR STATEMENT MAY HAVE PART OF THE ACCOUNT NUMBER ****'D OUT

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Esau,

Please be advised that you will need to link your Credit Card to your Debit Card in order to be able to transact between them. The linking of the cards will need to be done via our customer care which you can contact on 0860 123 000. Once the cards have been linked, the Credit Card will appear as a tile on the primary dashboard in your app. In order to transfer funds from your debit card to your credit card, please follow these prompts;

- log onto the mobile banking app,

- Tap on the tier that shows your account balance and details,

- Tap on "Transfer"

- Input the amount you wish to transfer,

- Enter your reference and tap on review.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Esau
Occasional Visitor
Hi i created the dashboard linking the account but i still do not know how to tranfer money from my debit card to my credit card
Please help
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi Yhujik,

You can make inter-account-payment on the app. Please go to settings, manage cards, you will be able to view all your accounts linked and transfer payments accordingly.

If the account is not linked you will need to link the account first before making inter-account-transfer. See below process of linking your accounts: 

Firstly, you will be asked if you have Internet Banking or not.

• If you use Internet Banking, enter the card details of the card that you use when logging on
  • If you do not use Internet Banking, enter the card details of the card you use at an ATM

Activate my accounts.png                                       

We will check to see if your cellphone number is registered on the Standard Bank database. If it is, then we will send a One-Time Password (OTP) to your cellphone.

If your cellphone number is not registered on our database, we will ask you to supply it.

Verify one-time PIN.png                                                  

If you try three times to link your card and you are unsuccessful, you will need to go to the branch.

If for some reason there is an error or a problem entering the cellphone number, and you are unable to register the card, you may also have to visit a branch.

To link more cards to your app, you will have to create a new dashboard. Swipe the screen from left to right, in the 'Dashboards' section, select "+ Add new..." and follow the prompts. 

I trust this will be helpfull and resolve your query of making payments to your linked Standard Bank active account.

Yhujik
Occasional Visitor
Oh... thank you so much.

But how do I add my credit card as a beneficiary on my debit card i.e as one of the "persons" I would like to pay on a regular basis from my debit card?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

• Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Manage dashboard’ > ‘Add new dashboard’ and follow the process to add a card.
  •  (The process and information you require will be the same as when you registered your initial card).
keitumosia
Occasional Visitor
Hi there. How do I add my Stanard Bank credit card as a beneficiary under my debit card dashboard on the cellphone banking app?