Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debicheck

Solved
11 REPLIES 11
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Boesman01.

Thank you for contacting us.

Please keep in mind that in order to cancel any debi-check debit orders, you must first contact the company and request that they do so.

They also send you a cancellation letter verifying that it has been discontinued.

We hope this information was helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Boesman01

Good day

How can I remove a debit check that's already been paid off to make space for future debichecks?

apparently i have reached the limit of 10 debicheck

Nigel21
I would like to approve my debicheck mandate
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon @nosiphozanele11.

We appreciate you contacting us.

DebiCheck is a safe debit order payment solution that lets you to electronically approve the specifics of your debit order. This will prevent fraudulent debit orders from being performed, offering you greater financial control.

Assume you've signed a new mobile contract and need to pay your monthly payments via debit order. The DebiCheck procedure will be as follows:

To authorise your new DebiCheck mandate, we will send you an SMS.
You can validate the debit order information provided if they are correct.
The debit order will only be completed if you accept.
If you reject the debit order, it will not be processed.
We will not process your debit order if your information does not match the debit order.

Please note: To receive the DebiCheck SMS notifications, we need your latest cellphone number on our system.

You're welcome to visit our web page to get more information on how to reverse a debi-check debit order.

https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/learn/mobile-how-to-reverse-a-debit-order

We hope the information provided helped.

Regards,

Fana.

nosiphozanele11
I want to reverse my money but it not showing anything to reverse
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @MashuduMunyai.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please see the tagged message for instructions on how to reverse a debit order.

Can we kindly advise that you don't post your personal or account details on this platform, as it's public.

Please let us know if the tagged message was helpful.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

MashuduMunyai
New Contributor
Hi , Am Mashudu Munyai . i would like to reverse my debit order that went off in the past few month. So i cant reverse it with my app. Account number 10146837833 ID 9210125468088
FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi @Badboyleach0505.

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly note that you can only reverse a debit order of less than R500 and not a debi-check debit order.

How to reverse recent debit orders for amounts less than R500:

To begin, go to your home screen and select Manage.

• Select Manage Debit Orders.
  • select a reverse debit order.
  • select the account from which the money was debited (keep in mind that debit order reversals can only be made from a current or savings account).
  • Select the debit order you want to reverse.
  • Select a reason why you want to reverse the debit order.

To cancel a debit order, you must contact the party you have the signed contract agreement with, as only they can cancel the debit order, not your bank. It’s then up to you to ensure that the instructions are carried out.

Please let me know if this resolves your query.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Badboyleach0505
Hii I'd like to reverse Telcom payment please...reason : I've canceled but they still deduct...
My account details :
Lee-grant watt,
Standard bnk
1010 773 6487
ID no. 900505 5108 08 8
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Thembekile,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 or forward an email with your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Thembekile
New Contributor
I would like to cancell debit order from unknowned company. I can not have debit order on the 15th. Please help.
MrsS4U
Occasional Visitor
Hello Standard Bank

So I had really hoped Debicheck will help with all the unknown debit orders going off my account almost on a monthly bases from fake companies I have no relationship withwhatsoever but it seems there is an influx of these with Debicheck telling me I have no debit orders to approve. Where do I go to get real help? I obviously can't go to the Bank every time I get those sms's, I don't have the time and money to afford me traffic to the branch; will I always need to call in or go in branch for reversals? When will this come to an end? Frustrated.
Go to the solution >