Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Debicheck

MrsS4U
Occasional Visitor

Debicheck

Hello Standard Bank

So I had really hoped Debicheck will help with all the unknown debit orders going off my account almost on a monthly bases from fake companies I have no relationship withwhatsoever but it seems there is an influx of these with Debicheck telling me I have no debit orders to approve. Where do I go to get real help? I obviously can't go to the Bank every time I get those sms's, I don't have the time and money to afford me traffic to the branch; will I always need to call in or go in branch for reversals? When will this come to an end? Frustrated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Thembekile
New Contributor

Re: Debicheck

I would like to cancell debit order from unknowned company. I can not have debit order on the 15th. Please help.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Re: Debicheck

Hello @Thembekile,

Please be advised that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 or forward an email with your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos